Neighborhoods of West Springfield, MA
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Amostown, West Springfield - Named for Amos Taylor, a setter in the 18th century
- Ashleyville, West Springfield - Named after the Ashley family  and located near Interstate 91 and Riverdale Street
- Cayenne, West Springfield - Named by resident Russell H. Pepper, as a parody of his own name and located near Morgan Road and Riverdale Street
- Downtown West Springfield - Area surrounding Elm St, Park St, and Van Deene Ave.
- Memorial, West Springfield - Area closest to Memorial Ave and the Big E
- Merrick, West Springfield - Named after the Merrick family, prominent land owners in the most densely settled part of town.
- Mittineague - An Indian name for the same place, and located on the north bank of the Westfield River
- Paucatuck, West Springfield (archaic) - area near Paucatuck Brook, west of Tatham
- Tatham, West Springfield (Tawtum, Tattom) - An Indian name for the same place, located northwest and west of Mittineague
- Ramapogue, West Springfield (archaic) - the area west of the Common and east of the hills
- Swift, p. 247
- Swift, p. 248
- Swift, p.250
- "Swift, p. 246", possibly meaning "on abandoned fields" or "the remains of the encampment".
- Swift, p. 246, probably meaning "enclosure" or "pen".