|Region||Eastern Taipei City|
|• Total||31.5787 km2 (12.1926 sq mi)|
|Area rank||Ranked 3rd of 12|
|• Rank||Ranked 3rd of 12|
|• Density||8,300/km2 (22,000/sq mi)|
Neihu District (Chinese: 內湖區; Tongyong Pinyin: Nèihú Cyu; Hanyu Pinyin: Nèihú Qū; Wade–Giles: Nei-hu Ch'u; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Lāi-ô͘-khu) is one of Taipei City's twelve districts. Neihu means "inner lake." The older name originates from the Ketagalan word Tayour (transliterated by the Dutch as Cattajo), meaning woman's head ornament.
Many mountainous roads and paths, which are ideal for hiking, connect Neihu with the neighboring Shilin District and Yangmingshan National Park. Although it is a flood-prone region, Neihu has experienced huge growth with the construction of the Neihu Technology Park and hypermarkets such as Costco, RT Mart, Carrefour, B&Q. The extension of the Taipei Metro to Neihu in the 1990s and early 2000s has also boosted residential and commercial growth.
The Tri-Service General Hospital, which is a teaching hospital of the National Defense Medical Center, is also in Neihu. The Wuchih Mountain Military Cemetery borders Neihu.
Neihu's attractions include Dahu Park, famous for its picturesque footbridge, and Bishan Temple (碧山巖), a large Taoist temple dedicated to Chen Yuanguang on the mountainside that affords a panoramic view of Taipei. In the vicinity of Bishan Temple are a number of other Taoist and Buddhist temples, as well as orchards and fruit farms where tourists can pick their own fruit. An extensive network of hiking trails criss-crosses the mountainous regions of the northern part of Neihu.
Universities and colleges
- National Taiwan College of Performing Arts
- Takming University of Science and Technology
- Kang-Ning Junior College of Medical Care and Management
- Taipei Municipal Nei-Hu Vocational High School (1986)
- Taipei Municipal Nei-Hu Senior High School (1988)
- Taipei Municipal Lishan Senior High School (2000)
- "foot_01.gif." (English) TransAsia Airways. Retrieved on March 2, 2014. "Address: No. 9, Sec. 1, Tiding Blvd., Neihu Dist., Taipei City 11494, Taiwan (R.O.C.)"
- "foot_01.gif." (Chinese) TransAsia Airways. Retrieved on March 2, 2014. "公司地址: 北市內湖區堤頂大道一段9號"
- "賣場資訊." RT-Mart. Retrieved on October 25, 2012. "台北市內湖區新湖一路128巷36號2樓"
- Neihu District Office, Taipei City (Chinese)
- About Neihu District - City of Taipei
- American Chamber of Commerce In Taipei/Cover Story: Neihu - Taiwan's Hottest District
- The Taipei Neihu Technology Park/The TNTP Discovery Hall