|Full name||Neil Robert Bennett|
|Date of birth||29 October 1980|
|Place of birth||Dewsbury, England|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|2004||→ Forfar Athletic (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Neil Robert Bennett (born 29 October 1980) is an English footballer who plays in the goalkeeping position. He currently plays for Wakefield.
Bennett began his career as a trainee with Sheffield Wednesday but made no League appearances before being released. He joined Ossett Town in the Northern Premier League First Division and made a number of appearances for them during the 2000–01 season. He then moved north of the border and joined Airdrieonians in the Scottish First Division and made 11 appearances for their first team in the 2001–02 season. He signed for Barrow in August 2002 and made his debut on the opening day of the 2002–03 season at home to Hucknall Town. He was replaced by the fit again Simon Bishop after a 3–0 home defeat by Ashton United in mid September and was released in early October. He then moved to Ireland, signing with Drogheda United in November 2002, and playing for them in a number of League of Ireland matches. Early in 2003 he signed a short-term contract with Bradford City He spent the last two months of the season at Rochdale in March 2003. He trialled with Coventry City in the summer of 2003, but did not join the club. He subsequently moved to play in the League of Ireland with Derry City where he made his debut for the club as a trialist in a high profile friendly match against Barcelona before siging for the club and playing in the UEFA Cup.
In September 2003 he moved north of the border again joining Albion Rovers for a season before moving to Partick Thistle in the summer of 2004. During this period he went on loan to Forfar Athletic, but was recalled after one game on the substitute's bench due to an injury for one of Partick's goalkeepers. He was released by Thistle in August 2005.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2003). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2003/2004. Queen Anne Press. p. 44. ISBN 1-85291-651-6.
- "Bennett goes to Airdrie". Ossett Town Football Club. Retrieved 24 September 2012.
- "Airdrie's summer ins and outs". BBC Sport. 4 August 2011. Retrieved 23 September 2012.
- "Lowe ends search for new keeper". NonLeagueDaily.com. 15 August 2002. Retrieved 23 September 2012.
- "Football: Forward thinking fails Utd; Drogheda v Bray W.". The Mirror. 1 November 2002. Retrieved 24 September 2012.
- "United given another lesson by students". Fingal Independent. 17 January 2003. Retrieved 24 September 2012.
- "Dale sign keeper". Sky Sports. Retrieved 24 September 2012.
- "Rochdale's double deadline swoop". BBC Sport. 27 March 2003. Retrieved 23 September 2012.
- "Keely happy to keep Bennett between posts ; Apoel Nicosia v Derry CityKick-off, 5.30 p.m.". Irish Times. 14 August 2003. Retrieved 23 September 2012.
- "APOEL edge Derry struggle". UEFA. 14 August 2003. Retrieved 23 September 2012.
- "Neil Bennett profile". NonLeagueDaily.com. Retrieved 23 September 2012.
- "Forfar renew keeper search". BBC Sport. 5 October 2004. Retrieved 23 September 2012.
- "Stewart blasts former club County". BBC Sport. 19 August 2005. Retrieved 24 September 2012.
- "Bennett returns to Ossett". NonLeagueDaily.com. 10 September 2005. Retrieved 23 September 2012.
- "Bell and Bennett in at Guiseley". NonLeagueDaily.com. March 2010. Retrieved 23 September 2012.
- "Experienced keeper joins Bears". NonLeagueDaily.com. 21 September 2012. Retrieved 23 September 2012.