|Born||July 28, 1935|
|Institutions||University of Cambridge|
|Notable students|| Quentin Skinner
McKendrick is also an Emeritus Reader in History having taught Modern English Social and Economic History as well as Business, Literature and Society, 1690-1990. He is also a fellow of the Royal Historical Society. During his time at the college he was successively Lecturer in History, Director of Studies in History, Graduate Tutor and Master.
McKendrick was Chairman of the college committee which presided over the plans for the Cockerell Building, now the College Library, the Auditorium, and the public rooms in Gonville Court, directed by neo-classical architect John Simpson. More recently, he was even more deeply involved in their completion and their formal openings by the Duke of Edinburgh and the Prince of Wales — and in the refurbishment of the Master’s Lodge, also John Simpson’s work.
Also under the Mastership of Neil McKendrick the College embarked on a fundraising appeal to support the construction of a new accommodation building, the Stephen Hawking Building, on the college's West Road site.
|Master of Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge
Sir Christopher Hum
- McKendrick, N., 1982. 'The Commercialization of Fashion' in The Birth of a Consumer Society: The Commercialization of Eighteenth-Century England edited by Neil McKendrick, John Brewer and J.H. Plumb. London: Europa Publications Limited
- McKendrick, N., 1970. Josiah Wedgwood and Cost Accounting in the Industrial Revolution. The Economic History Review. Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 45–67. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0289.1970.tb01013.x
- McKendrick, N., 1964. Josiah Wedgwood and Thomas Bentley: An Inventor-Entrepreneur Partnership in the Industrial Revolution. Transactions of the Royal Historical Society (Fifth Series). Vol. 14,pp. 1–33. doi:10.2307/3678942
- McKendrick, N., 1961. Josiah Wedgwood and Factory Discipline. The Historical Journal. Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 30–55.
- McKendrick, N., 1957. Josiah Wedgwood and George Stubbs. History Today. Vol. 7, Issue 8.
- Melveena McKendrick. Woman and Society in the Spanish Drama of the Golden Age: A Study of the Mujer Varonil. Cambridge University Press. 4 July 1974. ISBN 0521202949
- Neil McKendrick, Esq, FRHistS. www.debretts.com
- People - Mr Neil McKendrick, cai.cam.ac.uk
- Neil McKendrick, zoominfo
- Four Moments in the History of Caius Gonville and Caius College, submitted by compoff on 2009
- Pseuds Corner. Private Eye.
- Eating Ice-Cream on the Streets of Naples: Materiality and Ephemerality in the History of Food. Bard Graduate Center