Neil Shubin after speaking at the University of Tulsa
|Born||December 22, 1960|
|Institutions||University of Chicago
Field Museum of Natural History
|Alma mater||Columbia University
Harvard University Ph.D.
|Thesis||The morphogenesis and origin of the skeletal pattern of the tetrapod limb (1987)|
|Known for||Discovery of Tiktaalik roseae|
|Notable awards||Miller Research Fellowship
Neil Shubin (born December 22, 1960) is an American paleontologist, evolutionary biologist and popular science writer. He is the Robert R. Bensley Professor of Organismal Biology and Anatomy, Associate Dean of Organismal Biology and Anatomy and Professor on the Committee of Evolutionary Biology at the University of Chicago along with being the Provost of the Field Museum of Natural History. He is well known for his discovery of Tiktaalik roseae.
- Your Inner Fish: A Journey Into the 3.5-Billion-Year History of the Human Body New York: Pantheon Books, 2008. ISBN 978-0-375-42447-2
- The Universe Within: Discovering the Common History of Rocks, Planets, and People
- All Miller Fellows Sorted by Term (1987)
- Neil H. Shubin—John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation
- "Neil Shubin Home Page". The University of Chicago. Retrieved 2008-04-26.
- "Person of the Week: Neil Shubin", Elizabeth Vargas (reporting), ABC News, April 7, 2006, retrieved April 8, 2012
- New York Journal of Books
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Neil Shubin|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Neil Shubin|
- online reading group discussion of Neil Shubin's "Your Inner Fish"
- Video (and audio) of interview/discussion about "Wet Paleontology" with Neil Shubin and Carl Zimmer on Bloggingheads.tv
- Lecture (presentation) by Neil Shubin about the discovery of Tiktaalik on YouTube
- Neil Shubin on The Colbert Report. Jan 14, 2008
- Neil Shubin Lecture on "Your Inner Fish" at The University of Texas
|This article about a biologist from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|