Neko Harbor is an inlet on the Antarctic Peninsula on Andvord Bay, situated on the west coast of Graham Land. Neko Harbor was discovered by Belgian explorer Adrien de Gerlache in the early 20th century. It was named for a Norwegian whaling boat, the Neko, which operated in the area between 1911 and 1924.
- Tourism and the history of Antarctica Tourism
- PDF (162 KB), United States Environmental Protection Agency ()
- Antarctica, Jeff Rubin (Lonely Planet), pp. 223 (ISBN 1740590945)
Media related to Neko Harbour at Wikimedia Commons
- Lonely Planet episode on Neko Harbor
- Personal photographic account Whales and Penguins in Neko Harbor, by James Bartosik. March 2007.
- Images of Neko Harbor By Rutgers University, NJ, USA.
|This Danco Coast location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|