Nelonen Pro 2
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2009)|
|Nelonen Pro 2|
|Launched||1 February 2010 as Nelonen Sport|
|Audience share||0.6% (2010, )|
|Formerly called||Nelonen Sport
(February 2010 - December 2010)
(August 2001 - February 2010)
Nelonen Pro 1
Nelonen Pro 2 is a Finnish TV channel that specializes in sports. Urheilukanava was launched on August 27, 2001 and it was especially popular among Finnish football fans since the channel made it possible to watch both high standard domestic and international football on TV for free. Urheilukanava was replaced by Nelonen Sport in February 2010. Nelonen Sport was renamed to Nelonen Pro 2 in January 2011 and it became a pay TV channel.
The channel televises lots of sports, like these:
- Delayed SM-liiga matches (The Match of the Month, semi-finals, finals - shown live on Nelonen Pro 1), live SM-liiga/Mestis qualification matches and a weekly highlights magazine.
- Hockey Friday (Kiekkoperjantai) is a Friday night block, which shows matches from NHL, KHL and Swedish HockeyAllsvenskan. Also before the weekly match-up, there is an NHL magazine focusing on last weeks highlights.
- Red Bull Open Ice
- FA Cup matches.
- Ligue 1 matches, highlights magazines and the Ligue 1 Preview Show.
- REMIX shows, which are mainly highlights from earlier matches of FA Cup and Ligue 1.
Track & Field
- IAAF Indoor Grand Prix' live and delayed 3-4 times a week.
Urheilukanava was especially popular among Finnish football fans since the channel has made it possible to watch both high standard domestic and international football on TV for free. These leagues have included the Finnish Veikkausliiga, Spanish La Liga, French Ligue 1, German Bundesliga, Swedish Allsvenskan, Italian Serie A, FA Cup and many others. It also used to show sports such as ice hockey (Mestis, SM-liiga, Swiss NLA, IIHF World Championships), volleyball (Finnish league, FIVB World League) and golf.
- "Results From The TV Audience Measurement". Finnpanel. Retrieved 3 August 2011.