||This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010)
The Nelson Police Department is the police force for the City of Nelson, British Columbia, Canada.
Among the oldest police services in British Columbia, the force came into being as a municipal police force on April 17, 1897. The initial force only consisted of a Chief Constable and one Constable. Over the years of its existence, the Nelson Police Department has grown from two to twenty members. Chief Constable Dan Maluta has been the Chief of Police since 2001, with the position of Inspector held by Henry Paivarinta. On January 27, 2011, Dan Maluta retired and Wayne Holland became chief.
Nelson Police Board 
- Board Chair: Mayor John Dooley (since 2005 as Mayor)
- Director: Mike McIndoe (since 2008)
- Director: Bryan Smithson (since 2008)
- Director: Leona Ashcroft (since 2006)
- Director: Barrie Taylor (since 2006)
External links