|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012)|
|• Body||Thiruvananthapuram Corporation|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||91 471|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Trivandrum|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Nemom|
|Civic agency||Thiruvananthapuram Corporation|
Nemom(Malayalam: നേമം) is a suburb of the city of Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum). It is located 8 km (5 mi) to the south of the Thiruvananthapuram city center. Nemom now falls within the municipal corporation of Thiruvananthapuram, though partly exclusive. It is connected with Trivandrum, Neyyattinkara, Vizhinjam, Poovar, Kattakkada, Nagarcoil, and Kanyakumari through the main arterial highway NH 47.
Nemom assembly constituency is part of Thiruvananthapuram (Lok Sabha constituency).
Shri Shashi Tharoor  of Indian National Congress represents the area in the Indian Parliament (Lok Sabha). Shri V. Sivankutty of CPI (M) is the MLA representing Nemom Assembly Constituency in the Kerala Legislative Assembly (Niyama Sabha) after 2011 assembly election.
Nemom consists of 2 wards of Trivandrum Corporation. The 66th ward named as Nemom and 67th named as Ponnumangalam.
- Nemom Post Office
- Nemom Railway Station
- BSNL Telephone Exchange, Nemom
- Office of the Sub Divisional Engineer, BSNL
- Office of the Circle Inspector of Police (Nemom Police Station)
- Trivandrum Corporation Zonal Office, Nemom
- Nemom Village Office
- Nemom Sub Registrar's Office
- KSEB Section Office, Nemom
- PWD Section Office, Nemom
- Government Hospital, Santhivila
- Sree Vidyadhiraja Homoeopathic Medical College
- Sree Vidyadhiraja Pharmacy College
- Victory Boys' Higher Secondary School
- Victory Girls' High School
- Tolstoy Memorial Public School, Santhivila
- New UPS, Santhivila
- Little Flower Convent, Vellayani Jn.
- Government UP School, Nemom
- Swami Vivekananda Mission Central School, Koliakode
- Kerala State Handloom Development Corporation,Regional Office, Nemom.
Other Major Establishments
- Merryland Studio, which played important roles in the history of Malayalam cinema, was opened in 1951 by veteran director-producer P. Subramaniam)
- Venus Engineering Works & Foundry Ltd.(Bicycle parts manufacturing unit of Metro Exporters, Mumbai)
- Vellayani Devi Temple
- Thaliyadichapuram Sree Mahadeva Temple
- Maha Ganapathy Temple
- Nemom Muslim Juma Masjid, Vellayani Jn.
- CSI Church Nemom, Nemom
- Kerala State election 2006 results of Nemom constituency
- Map of Thiruvananthapuram District
- Thiruvananthapuram Administration
- Development is the core theme in Nemom
- CSI Church Nemom
- "Ayushya Ayurvedic Clinic in Nemom, Trivandrum". Yentha.com. 2010-07-25. Retrieved 2013-10-26.
- "Dr. Shashi Tharoor - Members of Parliament (Lok Sabha) - Who's Who - Government: National Portal of India". India.gov.in. Retrieved 2012-08-19.
- "Good Read: Personality - P.Subramaniam;Visionary and entrepreneur". Spoonfeedin.blogspot.com. 2009-01-02. Retrieved 2012-08-19.
- Sreejith N. "Bhagavathy Temples - Vellayani Devi". Kerala Temples. Retrieved 2013-11-04.