|Directed by||C. V. Sridhar|
|Produced by||M. S. Kasi Viswanathan|
|Written by||C. V. Sridhar|
|Screenplay by||C. V. Sridhar|
|Story by||M. S. Kasi Viswanathan|
M. N. Nambiar
|Edited by||N. M. Shankar|
|Distributed by||Manohar Pictures|
|2 August 1963|
Nenjam Marappathillai is a 1963 Tamil film written and directed by C. V. Sridhar. The lead roles were played by Kalyan Kumar and Devika, M. N. Nambiar, S. V. Sahasranamam, Nagesh and Manorama played supporting roles. The film was produced by M. S. Kasi Viswanathan under his banner Manohar Pictures, had music composed by Viswanathan–Ramamoorthy, cinematography by A. Vincent and editing by N. M. Shankar. The story was by M. S. Kasi, and Sridhar's brother C. V. Rajendran worked as the associate director. The film dealt with reincarnation  and Sridhar was inspired by news paper articles.
- Kalyan Kumar
- M. N. Nambiar
- S. V. Sahasranamam
- Padmini Priyadarshini
- Karikol Raju
- Gemini Balakrishnan
|Soundtrack album by Viswanathan–Ramamoorthy|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The music was composed by Viswanathan–Ramamoorthy. T. M. Soundararajan, P. B. Sreenivas, P. Susheela, S. Janaki and L. R. Eswari sang the songs. The title song, ‘Nenjam Marapathillai’ (PBS and Susheela), and ‘Azhagukkum Malarukkum,’ a duet by PBS and Janaki, became popular. The lyrics were written by Kannadasan assisted by his nephew Panju Arunachalam.
|1||Azhagukkum Malarukkum||P. B. Sreenivas, S. Janaki||Kannadasan||03:53|
|2||Kadu Malai Medu Kanda||T. M. Soundararajan||03:20|
|3||Mundhanai Panthada||L. R. Eswari||04:05|
|4||Nenjam Marappathillai (Duet)||P. B. Sreenivas, P. Susheela||04:04|
|5||Nenjam Marappathillai (Lady)||P. Susheela||04:21|
|6||Nenjam Marappathillai (Men)||P. B. Sreenivas||04:06|
|7||Nenjam Marappathillai (Sad)||P. B. Sreenivas, P. Susheela||03:36|
|8||Thenadi Meenadi||T. M. Soundararajan, P. Susheela||03:59|
Nenjam Marappathillai is considered a Tamil cinema classic. Director Ameer Sultan named it one of his most favorite films and said, "Nenjam Marappadhillai not only breaks free from the formulaic screenplay but director Sridhar does something revolutionary by introducing new faces in it. Recently I read in a paper that the film has been remade in Hindi. This is the power of Sridhar’s script". Cinematographer P. C. Sreeram stated, "I still remember how terrified I was while returning home after watching Nenjam Marapathillai and Athey Kangal. Spooky themes were great entertainers". M. N. Nambiar said that it was one of his favorite films he acted in.
- "Nenjam Marappadhillai". spicyonion. Retrieved 2015-01-07.
- Randor Guy (2013-02-02). "Nenjam Marapathillai 1963". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-12-08.
- "Friday Review Chennai / Theatre : Rebirth in comic mode". The Hindu. 2006-03-17. Retrieved 2013-12-08.
- "Nenjam Marappadhillai Songs". raaga. Retrieved 2015-01-07.
- "Nenjam Marappadhillai Songs". tamiltunes. Retrieved 2015-01-07.
- "'Traditional music should not be diluted'". The Hindu. 2002-12-29. Retrieved 2013-12-08.
- "Special » Tamil Cinema Classics – Nenjam Marappathillai". 600024.com. Retrieved 2013-12-08.
- "Sridhar's film to be remade by Selvaraghavan - Tamil Movie News". Indiaglitz.com. 2013-10-29. Retrieved 2013-12-08.
- "Old is still gold - Tamil Movie News". Indiaglitz.com. 2007-02-01. Retrieved 2013-12-08.
- "Filmmakers’ favourites". The Hindu. 2007-07-13. Retrieved 2013-12-08.
- Mar 29, 2009, 12.00am IST. "Indian cinema is growing - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-12-08.
- "Tamil Nadu / Chennai News : A legend in his own right". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-12-08.