|Release date||July 3, 2008|
|Media||microSD, SDHC capable
Wolfson WM8753 Codec
|Operating system||Openmoko Linux, Qt Extended, Debian, Stable Hybrid Release, Android, Gentoo (all Linux-based), Inferno|
|Power||4.4 Wh (1200 mAh @ 3.7V) battery|
|CPU||Samsung S3C2442 SoC @ 400 MHz|
|Memory||128 MB SDRAM
256 MB NAND flash
|Display||2.8 in. VGA (480×640) TFT, 286 pixels/in.|
2 hardware buttons
WiFi (802.11 b/g)
USB 1.1 slave and host
2.5-mm audio jack
|Dimensions||120.7 × 62 × 18.5 (mm)|
The Neo FreeRunner (development code name GTA02) is an open source smartphone that is developed by the Openmoko project and manufactured by FIC. It is the successor to the first development phase smartphone Neo 1973, and is intended for users with a high demand for customizability.
The Neo FreeRunner includes features that were not present in the development release of the phone (Neo 1973). The changes include 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi, SMedia 3362 graphics accelerator, two 3D accelerometers, Samsung 2442 SoC, and 256 MB of flash memory.
As of the 2008.08 software revision only the GSM phone module is working reliably; the Freerunner's hardware does not yet have fully functional software interfaces. The software development is split between Qtopia under X11, GTK, FSO, Debian. There are also some derivates of the Openmoko main distribution SHR and FDOM (Fat and Dirty Openmoko). The vanilla Qtopia distribution is recommended by Openmoko for users not wishing to use early development stage software, and FDOM for those who want to test the latest features and fixes without worrying about stability.
||This article uses bare URLs for citations. (June 2013)|
- Moss-Pultz, Sean (2009-01-03). "Questions and Answers". openmoko-community mailing list. http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td2103754. Retrieved 2009-02-04.
- Shiloh, Michael (2008-02-08). "GTA02 Battery Capacity (Was: Re: More about the GTA02)". openmoko-community mailing list. http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2008-February/013205.html. Retrieved 2008-02-21.
- Mosher, Steven (2008-04-11). "GFreeRunner Pricing and PVT update". openmoko-community mailing list. http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2008-April/015080.html. Retrieved 2008-04-12.
- GroupSales - Openmoko
- Moss-Pultz, Sean (2007-06-28). "New Oceans". openmoko-announce mailing list. http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/announce/2007-June/000014.html. Retrieved 2007-06-28.
- Debian On the Openmoko Neo FreeRunner Phone, Slashdot article.
- OpenWrt on Freerunner
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Neo FreeRunner|