|Slogan||Where unprofessional journalism looks better|
|Type of site||News and discussion forum.|
|Owner||Neowin LLC (40% owned by Stardock)|
|Created by||Steven Parker and Marcel Klum|
|Alexa rank||4,573 (December 2013[update])|
Neowin is a technology news website ranked as a top 500 site in the Technorati blog directory. Editorial focus is predominantly on Microsoft-related news,   although news regarding the Apple Macintosh and Linux platforms is also included. Its target audience is advanced computer users and technology enthusiasts. Neowin runs under the slogan, "Where unprofessional journalism looks better."
Neowin was started as a hobby in October 2000 by Marcel Klum and Steven Parker, known within the forums as "Redmak" and "Neobond" respectively, reporting news about the Windows XP alpha and beta releases (then known as "Windows Codename Whistler").
The website provides news, technology reviews, opinion articles, as well as an IRC server and forums. Over 250,000 users have registered for the forums, making over 10,000,000 posts as of April 2011. Two projects initiated by members of the Neowin community are a community game server for Team Fortress 2 and a Folding@home team.
Neowin also features a vast forum of diverse topics ranging from Microsoft Windows to Apple, to gaming and more. Neowin's forums are heavily monitored by moderators and feature stringent rules as well.  
- Parker, Steven (2008-05-12). "Stardock's relationship with Neowin and its criticizers". Retrieved 2010-02-03.
- Wardell, Brad (15 May 2008). "Frogboy's Blog". Retrieved 23 January 2010. "This week, Neowin.net publicly revealed its affiliation with Stardock. Stardock owns 40% of Neowin.net."
- "Neowin.net Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- Lettice, John. "Neowin.net downed by MS ‘cease and desist’ letter". The Register.
- "Windows 2000 & Windows NT 4 Source Code Leaks". Slashdot. 2004-02-12. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Neowin welcomes its 250,000th member sign up - Neowin Forums". Neowin.net. 2010-07-05. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Meet the Neowinian: Neowin joins Team Fortress 2". Neowin.net. 2010-06-20. Retrieved 2011-03-12.