||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the German Wikipedia. (February 2009)|
Neresheim, abbey in background
|• Mayor||Gerd Dannenmann|
|• Total||118.56 km2 (45.78 sq mi)|
|Elevation||503 m (1,650 ft)|
|• Density||66/km2 (170/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Dialling codes||07326, Elchingen 07367|
Neresheim is a town in the Ostalbkreis district, in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. It is situated 16 kilometres (9.9 mi) northeast of Heidenheim, and 20 kilometres (12 mi) southeast of Aalen. It's the home of the famous Neresheim Abbey, which still hosts monks, was Reichsfrei until the German Mediatisation and was built by Balthasar Neumann.
Born in Neresheim
- Oscar F. Mayer (1859–1955), founder of the Oscar Mayer meat production company, was born in Kösingen, today a borough of Neresheim.
- Andreas Zeyer (born 1968), retired German football player
- Michael Zeyer (born 1968), retired German football player
- [Statistisches Bundesamt – Gemeinden in Deutschland mit Bevölkerung am 31.12.2012 (XLS-Datei; 4,0 MB) (Einwohnerzahlen auf Grundlage des Zensus 2011) "Gemeinden in Deutschland mit Bevölkerung am 31.12.2012"]. Statistisches Bundesamt (in German). 12 November 2013.
- Arc de Triomphe on Parisrama.com
|This Ostalbkreis location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|