||This article needs attention from an expert in Music. (January 2014)|
Initial logo of Nescafé Basement
|Created by||Nescafe & Xulfi|
|Country of origin||Pakistan|
|Original language(s)||English, Urdu (اُردُو)|
|No. of seasons||2|
|Original run||September 8, 2012– present|
Nescafé Basement is a Pakistani music television series which features live studio-recorded music performances by underground artists. The show is produced by the Nescafé. The Artists are recruited and mentored by Xulfi, who is also the music producer of the show. First song from Nescafe Basement was released was a cover of Sajjad Ali’s, ‘Larri Adda’.
In September 2012 brand went around college campuses looking for young, exceptionally talented, but unknown musicians who could sing and play a variety of instruments. The 15 best musicians were then mentored by Zulfi from the band, Call.
Out of 1,253 young artists who auditioned this time compared to only 98 last season, Artist Mentor & Music Producer of Nescafe Basement, Xulfi selected 19. (14 selected last season) from major cities across the country. Nescafe Basement 2 have eight weekly episodes, each showcasing two songs with behind-the-scenes documentaries which will highlight the journey of hidden musical prodigies. Apart from television broadcasts, the show will also have a digital component that includes their website, Facebook page and Twitter.
- Sameen Qasim
- Abubakar Javed
- Hamza Tanveer
- Bilawal Lahooti
- Usman Sheikh
- Haider Abbas
- Shahrukh Aslam
- Mansoor Lashari
- Parizae Azhar
- Asfar Hussain
- Rizwan Butt
- Altamash Sever
- Misbah ud Din
- Sohaib Shafiq
- Adrian David
- Turaab Khan
- Jibraan Saeed
- Rutaba Yaqub
- Maria Fatima Unera Qureshi
- Sibra Saleem
- Haider Mustehsan
- Sharoon Leo
- Haroon Leo
- Arfa Chaudary
- Winner in Hot Beverages - PAS Awards 2013
- Most Magnetic Branded Content - Maxus Magnets Award 2013
- "What is brewing in the Basement?". Kool Muzone. Ahmad Uzair. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "Nescafé Basement – coming soon to a channel near you". Aurora-DAWN. 20 September 2012. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- Sher Khan (19 September 2013). "Nescafe Basement: Bringing newbies to the fore". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "Nescafe Basement brings challenge for Coke Studio with season two". Awaz.tv. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "Beverages (Hot): Maxus for Nescafé Basement". Aurora-DAWN. 27 April 2013. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "Maxus Lahore Wins the global Maxus Magnets 2013 - Nescafe Basement (video)". Vimeo. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- Rafay Mahmood (5 November 2013). "Verdict on Nescafé Basement: Promising but non-experimental". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- Sameen Hassan (5 January 2014). "Nescafe Basement: Redefining Music & Creating Wonders!". The Nation. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- Adil Iqbal (14 November 2013). "Coke Studio vs Nescafe Basement – is there a winner?". The Express Tribune BLOGS. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "Coke Studio vs Nescafe Basement vs Pakistan Idol: Battle of the Brands". brandsynario. Sami Iqbal. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "Nescafe Basement, unsung show". DAWN.com. 29 December 2013. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "Nescafe Basement scores big over Coke Studio". DOSEOFME. Umair Khan. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- Official website
- Nescafé Basement on Facebook
- Nescafé Basement on Twitter
- Nescafé Basement on SoundCloud
- Nescafé Basement's channel on Vimeo
|This article about the music of Pakistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Pakistani television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|