Ness Township, St. Louis County, Minnesota
|Ness Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||35.2 sq mi (91.2 km2)|
|• Land||34.9 sq mi (90.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.9 km2)|
|Elevation||1,270 ft (387 m)|
|• Density||1.8/sq mi (0.68/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0665080|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 35.2 square miles (91 km2); 34.9 square miles (90 km2) is land and 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2), or 0.97%, is water.
The following are adjacent to Ness Township :
- Meadowlands Township (north)
- Alborn Township (east)
- Culver Township (southeast)
- Arrowhead Township (south)
- Floodwood Township (southwest)
- Van Buren Township (west)
- Elmer Township (northwest)
As of the census of 2000, there were 60 people, 27 households, and 16 families residing in the township. The population density was 1.7 people per square mile (0.7/km²). There were 57 housing units at an average density of 1.6/sq mi (0.6/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 100.00% White. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.33% of the population.
There were 27 households out of which 18.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 48.1% were married couples living together, 7.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 40.7% were non-families. 37.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.22 and the average family size was 2.88.
In the township the population was spread out with 20.0% under the age of 18, 1.7% from 18 to 24, 31.7% from 25 to 44, 26.7% from 45 to 64, and 20.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 44 years. For every 100 females there were 106.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 152.6 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $39,167, and the median income for a family was $43,750. Males had a median income of $36,250 versus $24,583 for females. The per capita income for the township was $15,934. There were no families and 13.3% of the population living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and 37.5% of those over 64.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Race, Hispanic or Latino, Age, and Housing Occupancy: 2010 Census Redistricting Data (Public Law 94-171) Summary File (QT-PL), Ness township, St. Louis County, Minnesota". U.S. Census Bureau, American FactFinder 2. Retrieved October 26, 2011.