|Position||Small forward / Power forward|
May 4, 1977 |
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||245 lb (111 kg)|
|1995–2000||Gymnastikos S. Larissas|
|2004–2005||Maccabi Tel Aviv|
|Career highlights and awards|
Nestoras Kommatos (Greek: Νέστορας Κόμματος; born May 4, 1977) is a Greek professional basketball player. He is 6'8" (2.03 m) in height and he can play at both the small forward and power forward positions. His father is Greek and his mother is from Guinea.
Kommatos began his career with Perseas Larisas.Then he transferred at the Greek club Gymnastikos S. Larissas on 1996. In 2000, he was transferred to the Greek team Makedonikos. He then moved to the Greek team PAOK, for a year, and then to the Greek team Aris. In the 2003-04 season, he was the Greek League Top Scorer, averaging 21.5 points per game.
In 2005, Kommatos moved to the Israeli League basketball giants Maccabi Tel Aviv, and he won the Euroleague championship with them. He then played with Fortitudo Bologna in the Italian League, and then with Sevilla in the Spanish League. In 2006, he played for the Greek club AEK Athens, and in 2007, he moved to the Russian club Lokomotiv Rostov.
He began the 2011-12 season with Maroussi, and in February 2012, he signed with Sant'Antimo of the Italian Second Division, to replace Milivoje Božović, who was out for the remainder of the season due to an injury.
Awards and accomplishments
- 2x Greek League All-Star: (2003, 2004)
- Greek All-Star Game MVP: (2004)
- Greek Cup Champion: (2004)
- Greek Cup MVP: (2004)
- Greek League Top Scorer: (2004)
- Israeli Cup Champion: (2005)
- Euroleague Champion: (2005)
- Israeli League Champion: (2005)
- Triple Crown Champion: (2005)
- Nestoras Kommatos Mersin'de. (Turkish)
- Euroleague.net Profile
- FIBA Europe Profile
- Eurobasket.com Profile
- Spanish League Profile (Spanish)
- Italian League Profile (Italian)
- Greek League Profile (Greek)
- Turkish League Profile
- AEK Profile