From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nestorian or Nestorians can refer to:
- Nestorianism, a Christological doctrine developed by Nestorius, Patriarch of Constantinople, condemned as heresy by the Council of Ephesus in 431
- The Nestorian controversy, part of the Christological controversies of the 4th and 5th centuries
- The Nestorian Schism resulting from the controversy and condemnation as heresy
- The Church of the East, originally the church of the Sassanid Empire, which accepted the Nestorian doctrine and split off from orthodoxy at the Nestorian Schism
- Nestorian Church (disambiguation), any of several Churches that historically go back to the original Church of the East but developed doctrinal differences
- East Syrian Rite, the liturgy of the Church of the East and other Nestorian Churches, also retained in some Churches now in communion with the Church of Rome
- The Madnḥāyā or Eastern form of the Syriac alphabet
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.