From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nestorian relates to Nestorianism, a Christological doctrine developed by Nestorius, Patriarch of Constantinople, condemned as heresy by the Council of Ephesus in 431
Nestorian or Nestorians may also refer to:
- Church of the East, originally the church of the Sassanid Empire, which accepted the Nestorian doctrine and split off from orthodoxy at the Nestorian Schism
- Nestorian script o East Syriac Madnḥāyā, a form of the Syriac alphabet
- Nestorian Schism resulting from the controversy and condemnation as heresy
- Nestorian Church (disambiguation), any of several Churches that historically go back to the original Church of the East but developed doctrinal differences
- The Nestorian controversy, part of the Christological controversies of the 4th and 5th centuries
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.