Netherlands in the Eurovision Song Contest 2011
|Eurovision Song Contest 2011|
|Selection process||Artist: Internal Selection
Song: Nationaal Songfestival 2011
|Selection date(s)||Artist: 15 July 2010
Song: 30 January 2011
|Selected song||"Je vecht nooit alleen"|
|Semi-final result||Failed to qualify (19th)|
|Netherlands in the Eurovision Song Contest|
Netherlands participated in the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 in Düsseldorf, Germany, selecting their song through the national final Nationaal Songfestival 2011, organised by Dutch broadcaster TROS. In July 2010 TROS announced that they had internally selected the male trio 3JS to represent Netherlands in at the Contest in Germany.
Nationaal Songfestival 2011
On 14 July, popular radio DJ Giel Beelen spread the rumour that the 3JS will represent the Netherlands at the Eurovision Song Contest 2011. However neither TROS nor the band members of 3JS confirmed the news.
On the morning radio show Gouden Uren on 15 July, Daniël Dekker confirmed that the 3JS would be the Dutch entrant for the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest. The group produced 5 songs before the end of the year, and a national final named Nationaal Songfestival 2011 was held, where the public (50%) and a professional jury (50%) selected the final song they will take to Germany. The Nationaal Songfestival 2011 took place on 30 January 2011.
The jury is joined by:
- René Froger (Part of De Toppers, the Dutch representatives in 2009)
- Eric van Tijn
- Daniël Dekker
- Annemieke Schollaardt
- Hind Laroussi (Dutch representative in 2008)
|1||3JS||"Ga dan niet"||Don't go then||3rd||5th (1%)|
|2||3JS||"De stroom"||The stream||2nd||2nd (25.5%)|
|3||3JS||"Toen ik jou vergat"||When I forgot you||4th||4th (3.9%)|
|4||3JS||"Weelderig waardeloos"||Luxuriously worthless||5th||3rd (5.8%)|
|5||3JS||"Je vecht nooit alleen"||You will never fight alone||1st||1st (63.8%)|
Netherlands competed in the first half of the second semi-final of the contest, on 12 May. They failed to qualify and ended last in the second semi-final, marking the worst placing since the introducing of the semifinal and the first last place since 1968.
|12 points||10 points||8 points||7 points||6 points|
|5 points||4 points||3 points||2 points||1 point|
- "NETHERLANDS - It seems 3 J's to represent the Netherlands in 2011". Oikotimes.com. 2010-07-14. Retrieved 2010-07-15.
- Romkes, Rene (2010-07-15). "Exclusive: 3JS for the Netherlands!". ESCToday. Retrieved 2010-07-15.
- Bakker, Sietse (2010-07-15). "Netherlands picks 3Js for Eurovision 2011". European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 15 July 2010.
- "NETHERLANDS - Netherlands decide on January 30". Oikotimes.com. 20 October 2010. Retrieved 21 October 2010.
- "Netherlands: Hind in the Dutch jury". EscToday.com. 24 January 2011. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- Eurovision Song Contest 2008
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nationaal Songfestival 2011.|