Netherwood (NJT station)
Netherwood Station in August 2014.
|Address||South Avenue and Belvedere Avenue
Plainfield, New Jersey
|Connections|| NJT Bus: 113(S) and 822
Olympia Trails: Westfield Commuter Service
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Owned by||New Jersey Transit|
|Passengers (2012)||546 (average weekday)|
|Location||Between North and South Aves., Plainfield, New Jersey|
|Area||0.3 acres (0.12 ha)|
|Architectural style||Queen Anne, Romanesque, Richardsonian Romanesque|
|MPS||Operating Passenger Railroad Stations TR|
|NRHP Reference #||84002830|
|Added to NRHP||June 22, 1984|
Netherwood is a New Jersey Transit railroad station on the Raritan Valley Line, in Plainfield, Union County, New Jersey, United States. It is located along North Avenue at the intersection of Netherwood Avenue and along South Avenue at the intersection of Belvedere Avenue. The station has a ticket vending machine, and the station house itself is located off of South Avenue.
Netherwood Station was originally built by the Central Railroad of New Jersey in 1894. As with the rest of the CNJ, the station was subsidized by the New Jersey Department of Transportation in 1964 and absorbed into Conrail in 1976. The station is one of the two surviving CNJ stations in Plainfield (the other being Downtown Plainfield Station), whereas they community previously had five; the other three being at Grant Avenue, Clinton Avenue, and another station named Evona. The station was added to the National Register of Historic Places on June 22, 1984, along with the other active station downtown.
|■Raritan Valley Line||toward High Bridge (Plainfield)|
|■Raritan Valley Line||toward Hoboken or New York (Fanwood)|
- "Raritan Valley Line Timetables". Newark, New Jersey: New Jersey Transit Rail Operations. November 7, 2010. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- "QUARTERLY RIDERSHIP TRENDS ANALYSIS". New Jersey Transit. Archived from the original on December 27, 2012. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.
Media related to Netherwood (NJT station) at Wikimedia Commons
- NJT rail station information page for Netherwood
- DepartureVision real time train information for Netherwood
- Raritan Valley Line schedule
- Station House from Google Maps Street View
- Raritan Valley Line (Unofficial NJTransit Homepage)