|Type||Public Corporation (Germany)|
|Key people||Robert Gratzl, Jörg Mayer, Lars Thomas|
|Products||Netviewer GoToMeeting, Netviewer GoToAssist, Netviewer GoToAssist Corporate|
|Employees||~200+ (April 2009)|
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (June 2009)|
Netviewer AG is a German IT company headquartered in Karlsruhe. The company’s software products provide web conferencing, desktop sharing, and remote maintenance capabilities. According to market research companies Frost & Sullivan and Gartner, Netviewer is among the leading European providers of web conferencing software. As of 2009, Netviewer employs more than 200 people at nine locations in Europe and serves more than 15,000 corporate customers in 55 countries.
Netviewer was founded in 2001. In 2002 Netviewer won a competition for startup companies sponsored by German savings banks and McKinsey Consulting in Germany. In years 2006 and 2007 Netviewer ranked in the top-10 of the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 in Germany. Since 2011 Netviewer is part of Citrix Online, a division of Citrix Systems, Inc..
Desktop sharing is the core functionality of Netviewer AG products. It works by establishing a direct connection between two or more computers over the Internet. Screen contents can be exchanged in real time between the participating computers for as long as the connection is maintained. The direction of viewing can be switched at any time. No installation is required to use the software. Netviewers products include the web conferencing solution Netviewer Meet, helpdesk and IT support software Netviewer Support, remote access tool Netviewer Admin and the web-based webinar and webcast solution Netviewer Present.
Netviewer Meet was available as freeware for private users and as a software-as-a-service or on-premise licensing models for commercial use. The other products are available as software-as-a-service or on-premise licenses exclusively.
As of 2014, Netviewer proposes two different products, GoToMeeting for web conferencing and GoToAssist for remote access. No free versions are available, only trial versions.
The SIT opinion is dated April 2004 and is for Netviewer 2.0 (build 521). There is no opinion about newer versions.
- European Web Conferencing Software and Services Markets. Frost & Sullivan, September 2007
- Magic Quadrant for Web Conferencing. Gartner Group, July 2008
- "Company Profile - Netviewer". Netviewer.com. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
also: "Citrix to Acquire Netviewer". Citrix. 17 December 2010. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "Overview - Products - Netviewer". Netviewer.com. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- Reinema, Rolf (April 2004). "Results of the test of the Netviewer Software by the Fraunhofer Institute for Secure Telecooperation" (PDF). http://www.dialogika.de/support. Fraunhofer SIT. Retrieved 24 April 2014. "The results of the detailed analysis carried out by the Fraunhofer Institute SIT are as follows: The current version of Netviewer 2.0 (build 521) satisfies the security demands placed upon it, i.e. all demands for correctness and effectiveness of the implemented measures are fulfilled."