||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (October 2010)|
The GSA Networx is the largest set of government contracts for civilian telecommunication to date in the United States. It consists of two contract vehicles - Networx Universal and Networx Enterprise. Multiple awards for each contract are made to contractors chosen under full and open competition rules. It is a contract vehicle to support the Trusted Internet Connection initiative by OMB.
Networx Universal is the large contract vehicle, and is expected to meet most of the governments requirements for telecommunications services and solutions. Its terms includes a 48-month base period plus three 24-month option periods. On March 29, 2007 three prime contractors were awarded on the Networx Universal contract: AT&T Government Solutions, Qwest Government Services, and Verizon Business Services. Although Sprint did submit a bid, it was not awarded any work under this contract.The current record shows annual revenue more than $1billion over 1,000 employees.
Networx Enterprise is the smaller contract vehicle with a program ceiling of $20 billion and is likewise expected to meet the government's requirements for telecommunications services and solutions. As with Networx Universal, the terms include a 48-month base period plus three 24-month option periods. On May 31, 2007 five prime contractors were awarded Networx Enterprise contracts: AT&T Government Solutions, Qwest Government Services, Verizon Business Services, Sprint and Level 3.
Although press releases indicate that the entire program has an expected value of $20 billion, the solicitation documents indicate that the combined program value is $68 billion allocated as noted above.
- Agencies make headway in reducing Internet gateways
- Daniel Pulliam, GSA awards three companies Networx telecom contracts, GovernmentExecutive.com, March 29, 2007
- AT&T Government Solutions wins Networx Universal Contract from General Services Administration
- GSA Awards Qwest Part Of $20 Billion Networx Universal Contract
- Verizon Business Selected as a Prime Contractor for Networx Universal
- Networx overview by the U.S. General Services Administration