|Full name||Neuton Sérgio Piccoli|
|Date of birth||14 March 1990|
|Place of birth||Erechim, Brazil|
|Height||1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back/Left back|
|2012–2013||→ Watford (loan)||8||(0)|
|2014–||→ Chapecoense (loan)||5||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 June 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Neuton Sérgio Piccoli (born 14 March 1990), simply known as Neuton, is a Brazilian footballer who plays for Chapecoense, on loan from Udinese. Mainly a central defender, he can also play as a left back.
Born in Erechim, Neuton joined Gremio youth setup in 2008. He made his debut at left back on 25 April 2010 in a 2-0 victory over Internacional. Neuton scored his first professional goal in a 3-1 win over Atlético Paranaense seven months on after making his professional league debut. While at Grêmio, Neuton earned a nickname "Ice Man". At the end of the season, Neuton made 13 appearances. In the following season, Neuton continued to progress in the first team and made 8 appearances.
On 28 July 2011, Neuton joined Serie A side Udinese on a five-year contract. The Serie A club had their interest in his skill and abilities, and succeed in signing him from Grêmio. He made his debut in a 1-0 loss to Arsenal during the 2011-12 Champions League play-off round. Neuton made his league debut, coming on as a substitute in the final minutes, in a 2-0 win over Lecce on 11 September 2011. Following Udinese's elimination from the Champions League, the club entered the Europa League. He made his debut in a 2-1 win over Stade Rennais and in the next game in the Europa League on 29 September 2011, Neuton won a penalty in the final minutes, allowing Almen Abdi convert and score the penalty (his first goal for the club) in a 1-1 draw against Celtic. However, he made less appearances due to being homesick since joining the club and also due to being on the bench, although he managed a some playing time in Domestic Cup competitions and European games.
Neuton joined Watford on a season's loan on 31 August 2012. He made his debut in a 2-1 defeat at Bolton Wanderers on 15 September 2012. In the first three match since his debut, he says he's expected to improve his performance as his performance didn't caught an eye from Watford supporters.
1 Including two matches for 2010 Campeonato Gaúcho.
2 Including eight matches for 2011 Campeonato Gaúcho.
- "Neuton: Neuton Sergio Piccoli". footballzz.co.uk. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- "Internacional 0-2 Gremio". Soccernet (ESPN). 25 April 2010. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- "Official: Udinese signs Brazilian defender Neuton from Gremio". Goal.com. 27 June 2011. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "Bem-vindo Neuton!". Udinese Calcio. 28 July 2011. Retrieved 29 July 2011.
- "Arsenal 1-0 Udinese". guardian.co.uk (Guardian News and Media). 16 August 2011. Retrieved 17 August 2011.
- "Watford sign Udinese loanees Sergio Piccoli Neuton, Joel Ekstrand, Fernando Forestieri and Jean-Alain Fanchone". Watford Observer. 31 August 2012. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "Second goal of Lloyd Doyley's career doesn't hide Watford's defensive frailties at Bolton Wanderers". Watford Observer (Newsquest). 15 September 2012. Retrieved 16 September 2012.
- "Watford defender Neuton vows to improve his performances under Gianfranco Zola this season". Watford Observer. 1 October 2012. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "Neuton career stats". Global Sports Media (Soccerway). Retrieved 1 November 2012.
- Neuton: Neuton Sergio Piccoli footballzz.co.uk