Neva Dinova is an indie band from Omaha, Nebraska. Neva Dinova is named after the grandmother of lead singer Jake Bellows. They have been on crank! a record company (though their second release was licensed to Sidecho Records), and have recorded a split-release with Bright Eyes entitled "One Jug Of Wine, Two Vessels" that was also released on crank! a record company. In April 2008, Neva Dinova released their first album from Saddle Creek Records entitled, "You May Already Be Dreaming". Drummer Roger Lewis is also the drummer for fellow Saddle Creek band, The Good Life. Jake Bellows remained a key associate with Bright Eyes in 2006 and 2007 and contributed to the album Cassadaga.
Saddle Creek records is planning to re-release Neva Dinova's earlier albums.
Neva Dinova's music is a mix of folk, psychedelia, rock, acoustic, and country, but their sound is difficult to classify. They are known for having small but intimate live shows.
In a 2007 interview, Conor Oberst revealed that his favorite album to record was One Jug of Wine, Two Vessels with Neva Dinova, and proceeded to talk about them.
Saddle Creek reissued the 2004 EP One Jug of Wine, Two Vessels on March 23rd 2010. This reissue included the original tracks as well as 4 new tracks that were recorded in late 2009.
On August 6, 2013, Neva Dinova's frontman released his solo debut "New Ocean" on Saddle Creek.
- Neva Dinova (2002) Released on crank! a record company.
- The Hate Yourself Change (2005) Released on crank! a record company. Licensed to Sidecho Records
- You May Already Be Dreaming (2008) Released April 8, 2008, on Saddle Creek records.
- Neva Dinova (2009 Reissue) Released on Saddle Creek records.
- Live at Slowdown (2010) (Solo set) Released December 18th, 2010 on Jake Bellows website.
- New Ocean (2013) Released on August 6, 2013, on Saddle Creek records
Singles & EPs
- One Jug of Wine, Two Vessels (2010 Reissue) Released on [Saddle Creek records]
- One Jug of Wine, Two Vessels (2004) (a collaborative effort with Bright Eyes) Released on crank! a record company
- Race For Titles/Neva Dinova Split 7" (2002) Released on Redemption Recording co.
- Heath Koontz - Bassist/Keyboards
- Jake Bellows - Guitarist/Vocals
- Mike Kratky - Guitarist/Bartender
- Tim Haes - Guitarist
- Roger Lewis - Drums
- Official Neva Dinova MySpace
- Acoustic session with 'They Shoot Music Don't They'
- Jake Bellows Website
|This article on a United States indie rock band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|