Nevada County Air Park
|Nevada County Air Park
Nevada County Airport
|FAA airport diagram|
|IATA: none – ICAO: KGOO – FAA LID: GOO|
|Location||Grass Valley, California|
|Elevation AMSL||3,152 ft / 961 m|
|Source: FAA and airport website|
Nevada County Air Park (ICAO: KGOO, FAA LID: GOO, formerly O17) is a county-owned public use airport in Nevada County, California, United States. The airport is located three nautical miles (6 km) east of the central business district of Grass Valley, California. It is also known as Nevada County Airport.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned GOO by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned GOO to an airport in Goondiwindi, Queensland, Australia).
Facilities and aircraft
Nevada County Air Park covers an area of 117 acres (47 ha) at an elevation of 3,152 feet (961 m) above mean sea level. It has one asphalt paved runway designated 7/25 which measures 4,350 by 75 feet (1,326 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2001, the airport had 27,750 aircraft operations, an average of 76 per day: 96% general aviation and 4% air taxi. At that time there were 142 aircraft based at this airport: 95% single-engine, 4% multi-engine and 1% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for GOO ( PDF), effective 2009-07-02.
- Nevada County Airport page at Nevada County website
- Great Circle Mapper: KGOO - Grass Valley, California - Nevada County Air Park
- Aviation Safety Network: GOO / YDGI - Goondiwindi Airport, QLD, Australia
- Aerial photo as of 16 August 1998 from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective June 26, 2014
- FAA Terminal Procedures for GOO, effective June 26, 2014
- Resources for this airport: