Nevada State Route 34
|Existed:||? – 1978|
|South end:||CR 447 in Gerlach|
|Former SR 8A|
|North end:||Coleman Valley Road|
|Nevada State Routes|
Former SR 34 is a signed decommissioned State highway in Nevada from prior to the state's highway restructuring in 1978. Today a portion of former SR 34 is maintained by the Washoe County as a county highway with the not well known designation CR 34. A portion of State Route 447 was formerly SR 34, though the former SR 34 road bed is still used from Gerlach, Nevada to near Vya, Nevada.
In the 1950s the pavement ended and became gravel just past the sand dunes north of Nixon. In 1953, south of Gerlach, the paving was incomplete and State Route 81 from Gerlach to the California state line was not surfaced. By 1963, the road was paved to Gerlach and State Route 81 was partly paved from Gerlach to the California State Line.
||This section contains a table that is missing mileposts for one or more junctions. Please help by .|
The entire route is in Washoe County.
|Gerlach||CR 447||To SR 447|
|Northern end of CR 34 and southern end of SR 34|
|Vya||SR 8A east||Southern end of SR 8A overlap|
|SR 8A west||Northern end of SR 8A overlap|
|Oregon state line||Coleman Valley Road||To OR 140 – Adel, Lakeview, Denio|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Nevada Department of Highways (1941). Official Road Map of the State of Nevada (Map). http://contentdm.library.unr.edu/cdm4/document.php?CISOROOT=/hmaps&CISOPTR=577&REC=16. Retrieved December 30, 2007.
- "Budget Presentation FY 2008‐2009". Washoe County Department of Public Works. p. 14. Retrieved August 29, 2009.
- "Nevada's State Maintained Highways, Descriptions, Index and Maps" (PD). p. 120. Retrieved December 30, 2007.
- "Nevada Log: Routes 0 through 99". Retrieved December 30, 2007.[unreliable source]
- Wilson, Larry. "Small towns hit the ‘bust’ in Nevada’s ‘boom and bust’ history". Daily Sparks Tribune.
- Burns, John & Johnson, Frank (April 26, 1953). "Residents of Gerlach Like to Think of It As One of the last Genuine Frontier Towns". Nevada State Journal. Retrieved February 9, 2013.
- Sinclair, W.C. (October 1, 1963). Ground Water Appraisal of the Black Rock Desert Area, Northwestern Nevada (Technical report). Nevada Bureau of Mines and Geology. 20.
- Nevada Department of Highways (1978). Official Highway Map of Nevada (Map) (1978–79 ed.). http://contentdm.library.unr.edu/u?/hmaps,535.