Nevada State Route 858
|Length:||0.546 mi (0.879 km)|
|Existed:||1976 – 2013|
|History:||Part of old SR 50 by 1935; Became SR 858 in 1976; Route deleted in 2013|
|West end:||I‑80 / US 95 near Oreana|
|East end:||Frontage Road/Old US 40|
SR 858 began on the west side of Interstate 80 and U.S. Route 95 at the Oreana Interchange (Exit 119). The route crossed under the freeway and ended at the I-80 frontage road on the east side of the interstate. The frontage road (Old US 40) provides access to the town site of Oreana southwest of the interchange.
SR 858 was the southwestern end of former State Route 50. Established by 1935, that route traveled from the Oreana area east and north to Mill City via Rochester. SR 50 was deleted in the 1976 renumbering of Nevada's state highways. In that process, most of the route was renumbered to today's State Route 400, the small southwest end became State Route 858, and the remaining unimproved section of the highway was removed from the state highway system.
The SR 858 designation was removed during the first three months of 2013 and the roadway was re-designated as a frontage road.
The entire route was in Pershing County.
|0.00||0.00||I‑80 / US 95 – Lovelock, Winnemucca|
|0.55||0.89||Frontage Road – Oreana||old US 40|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- "State Maintained Highways of Nevada: Descriptions and Maps - Quarter 1 Update". Nevada Department of Transportation. April 2011. Retrieved May 16, 2011.
- Google Inc. "Overview of SR 858". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=NV-858+E%2FUnionville+Rd&daddr=NV-858+E%2FUnionville+Rd&hl=en&geocode=FQpzZwIdFI3y-A%3BFQh6ZwIdNK7y-A&mra=mift&mrsp=1&sz=15&sll=40.331432,-118.316402&sspn=0.022475,0.045061&ie=UTF8&ll=40.331432,-118.316402&spn=0.022475,0.045061&t=h&z=15. Retrieved 16 May 2011.
- Nevada State Highway Department (1935). Official Road Map of Nevada (Map). http://contentdm.library.unr.edu/u?/hmaps,465. Retrieved 17 March 2011.
- Nevada State Maintained Highways: Descriptions, Index and Maps. Nevada Department of Transportation. January 2001. p. 113.
- "State Maintained Highways of Nevada: Descriptions and Maps - Quarter 1 Update". Nevada Department of Transportation. April 2013.