|Municipality of Belgium|
|• Mayor||Johan Cornelis (CD&V)|
|• Governing party/ies||CD&V, Nieuw Nevele|
|• Total||51.89 km2 (20.03 sq mi)|
|Population (1 January 2012)|
|• Density||230/km2 (590/sq mi)|
Nevele (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈn̪eːvəl̪ə]) is a municipality located in the Belgian province of East Flanders. The municipality comprises the towns of Hansbeke, Landegem, Merendree, Nevele proper, Poesele and Vosselare. On January 1, 2006 Nevele had a total population of 11,217. The total area is 51.89 km² which gives a population density of 216 inhabitants per km².
- Cyriel Buysse, novelist
- Renaat de Rudder: born in Oostakker in 1897, he moved with his parents to Landegem in 1909. In 1914 he volunteered for the Belgian army to fight in the first World War, where he wrote on the physical and moral pain he was suffering, until he died on 12 December 1917.
- Rosalie Loveling and Virginie Loveling, writers, aunts of Cyriel Buysse
- Leo Lovaert
- Monika van Paemel
Nevele consists of six deelgemeenten (part-municipalities).
Nevele has borders with:
- a. Lovendegem
- b. Drongen (Ghent)
- c. Sint-Martens-Leerne (Deinze)
- d. Bachte-Maria-Leerne (Deinze)
- e. Meigem (Deinze)
- f. Lotenhulle (Aalter)
- g. Bellem (Aalter)
- h. Zomergem
- Population per municipality on 1 January 2012 (XLS; 214 KB)
|This East Flanders location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|