Never Ending Tour 1990
|Never Ending Tour 1990|
|Tour by Bob Dylan|
|Start date||January 12, 1990|
|End date||November 18, 1990|
|Shows||72 in North America
2 in South America
19 in Europe
93 in Total
|Bob Dylan concert chronology|
The Never Ending Tour 1990 started off with a tour called the Fastbreak tour where Dylan performed in the United States, Brazil, France and England in less than thirty days. This tour started off with a one-off performance at Toad’s Place in New Haven Connecticut. Dylan performed four sets that evening and performed a total of fifty songs; this was also the longest of Dylan’s concerts to date. During the tour Dylan also performed four concerts in Paris, France and six sold out concerts at the Hammersmith Apollo in London, England.
On May 29, Dylan started a sixteen date tour of Canada and the United States, ten of the concerts took place in Canada.
After finishing his short North American tour Dylan embarked on an even shorter European tour. This tour only comprised nine concerts, several of which were major concert appearances, including the Roskilde Festival in Denmark, Rock Werchter in Belgium and the Montreux Jazz Festival in Switzerland.
Dylan returned to North America to perform a twenty-three date late summer tour of the United States and Canada including several appearances at state fairs. The tour started on August 12 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and came to an end a month later on September 12 in Mesa, Arizona. Dylan performed in a total of twenty cities in fourteen states and providences.
Dylan started his final tour of the year on October 11 in Brookville, New York. This tour consisted of thirty concerts in the United States. During the roué Dylan performed a five night run at the Beacon Theatre in New York City. The tour finally came to a close on November 18 at the Fox Theatre in Detroit, Michigan after ninety-three concerts.
|#||Date||City||Country||Venue||Tickets Sold/Available||Box Office|
|The Fastbreak Tour|
|1||January 12, 1990||New Haven||United States||Toad's Place||N/A||N/A|
|2||January 14, 1990||University Park||Rec Hall||N/A||N/A|
|3||January 15, 1990||Princeton||McCarter Theatre||N/A||N/A|
|4||January 18, 1990||São Paulo||Brazil||Estádio do Morumbi||N/A||N/A|
|5||January 25, 1990||Rio de Janeiro||Praça da Apoteose||N/A||N/A|
|6||January 29, 1990||Paris||France||Le Grand Rex||N/A||N/A|
|7||January 30, 1990||N/A||N/A|
|8||January 31, 1990||N/A||N/A|
|9||February 1, 1990||N/A||N/A|
|10||February 3, 1990||London||England||Hammersmith Apollo||N/A||N/A|
|11||February 4, 1990||N/A||N/A|
|12||February 5, 1990||N/A||N/A|
|13||February 6, 1990||N/A||N/A|
|14||February 7, 1990||N/A||N/A|
|15||February 8, 1990||N/A||N/A|
|16||May 29, 1990||Montreal||Canada||Sporting Auditorium||N/A||N/A|
|17||May 30, 1990||Kingston||Kingston Memorial Centre||N/A||N/A|
|18||June 1, 1990||Ottawa||National Arts Centre||N/A||N/A|
|19||June 2, 1990||N/A||N/A|
|20||June 4, 1990||London||UWO Alumni Hall||N/A||N/A|
|21||June 5, 1990||Toronto||Sony Centre for the Performing Arts||N/A||N/A|
|22||June 6, 1990||N/A||N/A|
|23||June 7, 1990||N/A||N/A|
|24||June 9, 1990||East Troy||United States||Alpine Valley Music Theatre||N/A||N/A|
|25||June 10, 1990||Davenport||Adler Theater||N/A||N/A|
|26||June 12, 1990||La Crosse||La Crosse Center||N/A||N/A|
|27||June 13, 1990||Sioux Falls||Sioux Falls Arena||N/A||N/A|
|28||June 14, 1990||Fargo||Fargo Civic Center||N/A||N/A|
|29||June 15, 1990||Bismarck||Bismarck Civic Center||N/A||N/A|
|30||June 17, 1990||Winnipeg||Canada||Centennial Concert Hall||N/A||N/A|
|31||June 18, 1990||N/A||N/A|
|32||June 27, 1990||Reykjavík||Iceland||Laugardalshöll||N/A||N/A|
|33||June 29, 1990[A]||Roskilde||Denmark||Dyrskuepladsen||N/A||N/A|
|34||June 30, 1990[B]||Kalvøya||Norway||Kalvøya||N/A||N/A|
|35||July 1, 1990[C]||Turku||Finland||Ruissalo||N/A||N/A|
|36||July 3, 1990||Hamburg||Germany||Hamburg Stadtpark||N/A||N/A|
|37||July 5, 1990||Berlin||Internationales Congress Centrum Berlin||N/A||N/A|
|38||July 7, 1990[D]||Torhout||Belgium||Torhout Park||N/A||N/A|
|39||July 8, 1990[D]||Werchter||Werchter Park||N/A||N/A|
|40||July 9, 1990[E]||Montreux||Switzerland||Auditorium Stravinski||N/A||N/A|
|41||August 12, 1990||Edmonton||Canada||Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium||N/A||N/A|
|42||August 13, 1990||N/A||N/A|
|43||August 15, 1990||Calgary||Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium||N/A||N/A|
|44||August 16, 1990||N/A||N/A|
|45||August 18, 1990||George||United States||The Gorge Amphitheatre||N/A||N/A|
|46||August 19, 1990||Victoria||Canada||Victoria Memorial Arena||N/A||N/A|
|47||August 20, 1990||Vancouver||Pacific Coliseum||N/A||N/A|
|48||August 21, 1990||Portland||United States||Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall||N/A||N/A|
|49||August 24, 1990[F]||Pueblo||Colorado State Fair Events Center||N/A||N/A|
|50||August 26, 1990[G]||Des Moines||Iowa State Fairgrounds||N/A||N/A|
|51||August 27, 1990||Merrillville||Holiday Star Music Theater||N/A||N/A|
|52||August 28, 1990||N/A||N/A|
|53||August 29, 1990[H]||Falcon Heights||Minnesota State Fairgrounds||N/A||N/A|
|54||August 31, 1990[I]||Lincoln||Nebraska State Fairgrounds||N/A||N/A|
|55||September 1, 1990||Lampe||Swiss Villa Amphitheater||N/A||N/A|
|56||September 2, 1990||Hannibal||Riverfront Theater||N/A||N/A|
|57||September 4, 1990||Tulsa||Riverpark Amphitheater||N/A||N/A|
|58||September 5, 1990||Oklahoma City||Cox Convention Center||N/A||N/A|
|59||September 6, 1990[J]||Dallas||Fair Park||N/A||N/A|
|60||September 8, 1990||San Antonio||Sunken Garden Theater||N/A||N/A|
|61||September 9, 1990||Austin||Palmer Auditorium||N/A||N/A|
|62||September 11, 1990||Santa Fe||Paolo Soleri Amphitheater||N/A||N/A|
|63||September 12, 1990||Mesa||Mesa Amphitheatre||N/A||N/A|
|64||October 11, 1990||Brookville||Tilles Center for the Performing Arts||N/A||N/A|
|65||October 12, 1990||Springfield||Paramount Theater||N/A||N/A|
|66||October 13, 1990||West Point||Eisenhower Hall Theater||N/A||N/A|
|67||October 15, 1990||New York City||Beacon Theatre||N/A||N/A|
|68||October 16, 1990||N/A||N/A|
|69||October 17, 1990||N/A||N/A|
|70||October 18, 1990||N/A||N/A|
|71||October 19, 1990||N/A||N/A|
|72||October 21, 1990||Richmond||Richmond Mosque||N/A||N/A|
|73||October 22, 1990||Pittsburgh||Syria Mosque||N/A||N/A|
|74||October 23, 1990||Charleston||Charleston Municipal Auditorium||N/A||N/A|
|75||October 25, 1990||Oxford||Tad Smith Coliseum||N/A||N/A|
|76||October 26, 1990||Tuscaloosa||Coleman Coliseum||N/A||N/A|
|77||October 27, 1990||Nashville||War Memorial Auditorium||N/A||N/A|
|78||October 28, 1990||Athens||Stegeman Coliseum||N/A||N/A|
|79||October 30, 1990||Boone||Varsity Gymnasium||N/A||N/A|
|80||October 31, 1990||Charlotte||Ovens Auditorium||N/A||N/A|
|81||November 2, 1990||Lexington||Lexington Memorial Coliseum||N/A||N/A|
|82||November 3, 1990||Carbondale||SIU Arena||N/A||N/A|
|83||November 4, 1990||St. Louis||Fox Theatre||N/A||N/A|
|84||November 6, 1990||DeKalb||DeKalb University Fieldhouse||N/A||N/A|
|85||November 8, 1990||Iowa City||Carver–Hawkeye Arena||N/A||N/A|
|86||November 9, 1990||Chicago||Chicago Theatre||N/A||N/A|
|87||November 10, 1990||Milwaukee||Riverside Theater||N/A||N/A|
|88||November 12, 1990||East Lansing||Wharton Center for Performing Arts||N/A||N/A|
|89||November 13, 1990||Dayton||University of Dayton Arena||N/A||N/A|
|90||November 14, 1990||Normal||Brayden Auditorium||N/A||N/A|
|91||November 16, 1990||Columbus||Columbus Palace Theatre||N/A||N/A|
|92||November 17, 1990||Cleveland||Cleveland Music Hall||N/A||N/A|
|93||November 18, 1990||Detroit||Fox Theatre||N/A||N/A|
- Festivals and other miscellaneous performances
- A This concert was a part of "Roskilde Festival"
- B This concert was a part of "Kalvøya Festival"
- C This concert was a part of "Ruisrock"
- D This concert was a part of "Torhout-Werchter Rock Festival"
- E This concert was a part of "Montreux Jazz Festival"
- F This concert was a part of "Colorado State Fair"
- G This concert was a part of "Iowa State Fair"
- H This concert was a part of "Minnesota State Fair"
- I This concert was a part of "Nebraska State Fair"
- J This concert was a part of "Texas State Fair"
- "Bob Dylan begins his 'never-ending' tour". The Guardian. 2011-06-12. Retrieved 2011-11-26.
- "The Evolution of Bob Dylan". Rolling Stone Magazine. Retrieved 2011-11-26.
- "Still On The Road: 1990 Fastbreak Tour". Bjorner. Retrieved 2011-12-30.
- "Concert: Jan 12, 1990 – New Haven, CT – Toad's Place". Bob Dylan. Retrieved 2011-12-30.
- "Still On The Road: 1990 Fastbreak Tour: Toad's Place, New Haven, Connecticut, 12 January 1990". Bjorner. Retrieved 2011-12-30.
- "Concert: Feb 3, 1990: London, United Kingdom: Hammersmith Odeon". Bob Dylan. Retrieved 2011-12-30.
- "Concert: Feb 4, 1990: London, United Kingdom: Hammersmith Odeon". Bob Dylan. Retrieved 2011-12-30.
- "Concert: Feb 5, 1990: London, United Kingdom: Hammersmith Odeon". Bob Dylan. Retrieved 2011-12-30.
- "Concert: Feb 6, 1990: London, United Kingdom: Hammersmith Odeon". Bob Dylan. Retrieved 2011-12-30.
- "Concert: Feb 7, 1990: London, United Kingdom: Hammersmith Odeon". Bob Dylan. Retrieved 2011-12-30.
- "Concert: Feb 8, 1990: London, United Kingdom: Hammersmith Odeon". Bob Dylan. Retrieved 2011-12-30.
- "Still On The Road: 1990 Spring Tour Of North America". Bjorner. Retrieved 2011-12-30.
- "Still On The Road: 1990 Summer Festival Tour of Europe". Bjorner. Retrieved 2011-12-30.
- "Still On The Road: 1990 Late Summer Tour of North America". Bjorner. Retrieved 2011-12-30.
- "Still On The Road: 1990 US Fall Tour". Bjorner. Retrieved 2011-12-30.
|Find more about Never Ending Tour 1990 at Wikipedia's sister projects|
|Media from Commons|
|Quotations from Wikiquote|
- BobLinks – Comprehensive log of concerts and set lists
- Bjorner's Still on the Road – Information on recording sessions and performances