Never Give In (Will Hoge album)
|Never Give In|
|Studio album by Will Hoge|
|Released||October 15, 2013|
|Genre||Americana, Southern rock, Alternative country|
|Will Hoge chronology|
|Singles from Never Give In|
Never Give In is the eighth studio album by Americana musician Will Hoge, and the album's producer was Hoge. The album released on October 15, 2013 from Cumberland Records. The album achieved commercial success and critical acclamation.
The song "Strong" from the album was used by Chevrolet Silverado in one of their commercials.
Music and lyrics
|Got Country Online|||
Never Give In garnered critical acclaim from music critics. At Allmusic, Thom Jurek rated the album four stars, and noted how the release "abundantly captures" the musicians "strengths as both singer and songwriter." Craig Manning of AbsolutePunk rated the album a 95-percent, and he felt that "this record is the best one-album snapshot of who Hoge is as an musician." At Roughstock, Matt Bjorke rated the album four-and-a-half stars out of five, and evoked that the release was "well worth seeking out" because "Will Hoge balances everything that sums up what makes Nashville such an awesome place for musicians to live." Kimberly Owens of Got Country Online rated the album a perfect five stars, and highlighted that "This album proved to me that whatever Will Hoge sings, he never fails to bring true emotion to the lyrics, he never fails to put you on his level, and draw you in with the soulfulness of his voice."
For the Billboard charting week of November 2, 2013, Never Give In was the No. 129 most sold album in the entirety of the United States via the Billboard 200 chart placement, and it was the No. 1 breaking-and-entry album by the Top Heatseekers Albums charting. Also, the album was the No. 23 sold Top Country Albums, and it was the No. 31 Independent Albums sold.
|1.||"A Different Man"||Patrick Davis, Will Hoge||3:15|
|2.||"Goodbye Ain't Always Gone"||Dylan Altman, Rose Falcon, Hoge||3:12|
|3.||"Never Give In"||Altman, Hoge||3:00|
|4.||"This Time Around"||Altman, Hoge||3:41|
|5.||"Still Got You on My Mind"||Altman, Hoge||3:08|
|6.||"Home Is Where the Heart Breaks"||Hoge||3:24|
|7.||"Daddy Was a Gambling Man"||Hoge, Adam Ollendorff||2:57|
|9.||"Bad Old Days"||Altman, Hoge||3:18|
|10.||"Damn Spotlight (Julia's Song)"||Hoge||3:16|
|11.||"Strong"||Hoge, Zach Crowell, Ashley Gorley||3:24|
|US Billboard 200||129|
|US Top Country Albums (Billboard)||23|
|US Top Heatseekers Albums (Billboard)||1|
|US Independent Albums (Billboard)||31|
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions|
|US Country Airplay
- Manning, Craig (October 14, 2013). "Will Hoge - Never Give In". AbsolutePunk. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- Jurek, Thom (October 15, 2013). "Never Give In - Will Hoge". Allmusic. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- Owens, Kimberly (September 23, 2013). "Album Review: Will Hoge "Never Give In"". Got Country Online. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- Bjorke, Matt (October 14, 2013). "Album Review: Will Hoge - Never Give In". Roughstock. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Will Hoge Album & Song Chart History" Billboard 200 for Will Hoge. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Will Hoge Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Top Country Albums for Will Hoge. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Will Hoge Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Top Heatseekers Albums for Will Hoge. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Will Hoge Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Independent Albums for Will Hoge. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Will Hoge Album & Song Chart History - Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved October 20, 2013.
- "Will Hoge Album & Song Chart History - Country Airplay". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved October 20, 2013.
- "Will Hoge Album & Song Chart History - Billboard Canadian Hot 100". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved October 24, 2013.