Never Steal Anything Small
Never Steal Anything Small (1959) is a musical comedy film starring James Cagney, Shirley Jones, Roger Smith, Cara Williams, Nehemiah Persoff, Royal Dano, and Horace McMahon. The film was based on The Devil's Hornpipe by Maxwell Anderson and released by Universal Pictures.
Filmed in color, this musical was directed by Charles Lederer. Cagney plays a good-hearted labor leader and gets to sing and dance a little. This was Cagney's final musical film. Jones does a lively musical number, too, spoofing television commercials. One of the highlights is a duet between Cagney and Williams. The film has a running time of 94 minutes and has been released on home video, as well as featured on American Movie Classics.
- James Cagney as Jake MacIllaney
- Shirley Jones as Linda Cabot
- Roger Smith as Dan Cabot
- Cara Williams as Winnipeg Simmons
- Nehemiah Persoff as Pinelli
- Horace McMahon as O.K. Merritt
- Jack Albertson as Sleep-Out Charlie
- American Movie Classics
- Video Movie Guide, edited by Mick Martin and Marsha Porter (New York: Ballantine Books, 1996)
|This article about a musical comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|