Neville Neville (born 26 September 1949) is a former league cricketer, football agent and director. He is the father of professional association football players Gary Neville and Phil Neville and netball player Tracey Neville.
Neville is married to Jill Neville, General Manager and Club Secretary of English Football League club Bury. They have three children who have all been professional athletes: Gary and twins Tracey and Phil.
Neville is the agent for his two sons. He has represented both during contract talks with their clubs. After Euro 2004, Neville negotiated [clarification needed] with executive David Gill of Manchester United.
His eldest son Gary decided to postpone any testimonial match until his playing career was over. Neville Neville stated that "In this day and age when players earn such fantastic amounts of money we think it would be better to create some kind of facility for the supporters."
Football and charity work
Neville is a former director of club Bury of the English Football League. He was the spearhead and vice-chairman of the "save our shakers" appeal which was a bid to give financial assistance to the struggling football club after it had gone into administration.
The campaign was "brilliantly orchestrated" by Neville and he was praised for tirelessly organising supporters groups, giving media interviews and working closely with the administrators to arrange a deal to secure the club's safety. It is said that Bury owe Neville "a huge debt".
On 26 March 2013, Neville was arrested on suspicion of indecent assault by Greater Manchester Police. He was bailed until May of that year, pending further inquiries. He was found not guilty on 19 December 2013.
- Peter Stafford (March 1989). Bolton Cricket League Review. Accessed 2007-12-15.
- Gareth A Davies (12 June 2006). My sport: Tracey Neville The Telegraph. Accessed 2007-12-15.
- Andy Hunter (12 December 2005). Barely a glance as Neville boys are brothers in arms no "The Independent". Accessed 2007-12-18.
- Tom Lutz and Barry Glendenning (16 February 2007). Not So Secret Agent "The Guardian". Accessed 2007-12-18.
- Mark Ogden (25 July 2004). Football: The Nevilles sign for life "Sunday Mirror". Accessed 2007-12-18.
- Neville puts benefit on hold (21 August 2002) "BBC Sport". Accessed 2007-12-18.
- Extra Time (11 March 2002) "BBC Sport".
- Forever Bury (1 June 2007) "Bury Football Club". Accessed 2007-12-18.
- Neville Comes To Shakers' Aid (11 March 2002) "BBC Sport". Accessed 2007-12-18.
- Anything you can do... (12 January 2003) Observer Sport Monthly. Accessed 2007-12-15.
- Paul Atherton (20 August 2002). Sport's family fortunes BBC Sport. Accessed 2007-12-15.
- "Neville brothers' father arrested over indecent assault". BBC News. 2013-03-26.