Nevins Memorial Library
Nevins Memorial Library
|Location||305 Broadway, Methuen, Massachusetts|
|Architect||Samuel J. F. Thayer|
|Architectural style||Other, Romanesque|
|NRHP Reference #||84002407|
|Added to NRHP||January 20, 1984|
The Nevins Memorial Library at 305 Broadway in Methuen, Massachusetts was built in 1883 to honor David Nevins, Sr. as a memorial gift from his wife Eliza Nevins (née Eliza Cotton), his elder son David Nevins, Jr., and his younger son Henry Cotton Nevins. The library is located at 305 Broadway in Methuen and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984.
The Nevins Memorial Library offers resources including free Wi-Fi internet access, book clubs, an outreach program to deliver books and media for homebound individuals, and so on. The library is also the custodian of the Nevins Memorial Library Historic Collection, much of which is in storage and for which viewing appointments should be made. The collection includes manuscripts and printed materials, genealogical resources, vital records, assorted objet d'art and collectables, and the stained glass windows of the library itself.
Photograph of the newly constructed Nevins Memorial Library in 1883
Photograph of three of Nevins Memorial Library's earliest librarians. Seated at the table in the Reference Room are: Miss Alice Chase, Miss Crosby and Miss Tooday Dorsey. Reference books are in the background and artifacts from the Nevins Historic Collection (Pheasant, Vase, Table and Richsonian Chair) are visible.
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Methuen, Massachusetts
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Essex County, Massachusetts
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-15.
-  Nevins Memorial Library
-  Eagle Tribune, "Free Wi-Fi at Nevins Memorial Library in Methuen"
-  Nevins Memorial Library Historic Collection
- Original is 5x8 sepia photograph from the Nevins Memorial Historic Collection
- Original is 4X6 sepia photograph from the Nevins Memorial Historic Collection
- Harriet Howe Ames. Catalogue of the Nevins Memorial Library, Methuen, Massachusetts. Boston: Franklin Press, 1887
|This article about a National Register of Historic Places listing in Essex County, Massachusetts, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|