||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (August 2010)|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, USA|
|Key people||Gadi Amit|
NewDealDesign is a San Francisco-based design studio led by founder and principal designer, Gadi Amit and a team of industrial, graphic and interaction designers and engineers who help develop new technology products.
NewDealDesign was founded in 2000 by Gadi Amit. Prior to founding the agency, Amit was vice president of design at Frog Design in San Francisco. He began his career in design at Scailex, an Israel-based design firm, after graduating from the Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design in Jerusalem.
Design and Growth
The 2003 introduction of the PalmOne Zire 21, one of the fastest-selling PDAs of the early 2000s, gave NewDealDesign its breakthrough success. The product design was recognized by Bloomberg Businessweek for “expanding its appeal beyond the techie and corporate communities to the broader consumer market, especially women and first-time buyers.”
- Bessette, Chanelle (2014-02-28). "Meet the designer behind the Fitbit". Fortune. Retrieved 2014-03-19.
- "NewDealDesign". Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum.
- "Masters of Design Panel". AIGA.
- Fairs, Marcus (2014-03-10). "Interview with FitBit designer Gadi Amit on wearable technology". Dezeen magazine. Retrieved 2014-03-19.
- Sacks, Danielle (2010-01-10). "Technology Designer Gadi Amit on What's Wrong with Green Design". Fast Company. Retrieved 2014-03-19.
- "Catalyst Award Winners". Bloomberg BusinessWeek. 2005-07-03. Retrieved 2014-03-19.
- Joseph, Damian (2009-07-07). "50 Coolest Products of the 21st Century". Bloomberg BusinessWeek. Retrieved 2014-03-19.