|Founded||July 15, 1957|
|Founder||Jorge Ángel Livraga Rizzi|
|Delia Steinberg Guzmán and Giorgios Alvarado Planas|
|Website||New Acropolis International|
New Acropolis (NA) (official name: Organización Internacional Nueva Acrópolis "OINA" - Organisation Internationale Nouvelle Acropole, association internationale sans but lucratif) is a worldwide non-profit organisation founded in 1957 by Jorge Ángel Livraga Rizzi (died 1991) first as a school of philosophy and later on as an international organization devoted to philosophical studies and practice. Registered in Belgium as international organization since 1981, number 3/12-941/S.
Its founding charter aims :
- To promote universal fraternity among people of all creeds, races and backgrounds.
- To promote a holistic vision of the world through the comparative study of philosophies, sciences, religions and arts.
- To enable human beings to develop their potential and live in harmony with Nature by understanding its laws.
Aside from regular philosophy courses, lectures, and workshops the organization also involved in social and philanthropic activities such as food collection campaigns, art workshops, cleaning of monuments and parks, as well as disaster rescues.
Albania, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbian Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uruguay and USA.
The French Commission on Cults (1995) as well as a Belgian parliamentary commission, have, in 1997, registered it as a cult in their respective countries, in an annexed blacklist to their report, along with 171 other associations. On May 27, 2005, the cult blacklists were abandoned by the French government as becoming too quickly out of date and responsibility for keeping an eye on cult groups, and returned to local prefects.
- New Acropolis UK - About Us
- Moniteur nº 48, march 9th 1990, page 4489
- Nouvelle Acropole en Moniteur, since 2003
- Nouvelle Acropole en Moniteur, since 1981 soon 2002
- New Acropolis UK - Founding Charter
- Inside, Costa Rica (English)
- OWIT, Perú (Spanish)
- New Acropolis International
- New Acropolis Au
- New Acropolis Ca
- New Acropolis UK
- New Acropolis USA
- New Acropolis South Korea
- La fin des listes noires (The end of blacklists), Le Point 23 June 2005 (French)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to New Acropolis (NA).|
- New Acropolis International
- New Acropolis, Australia
- New Acropolis, United Kingdom
- New Acropolis, Canada
- New Acropolis, U.S.A
- New Acropolis, Spain
- New Acropolis, France
- New Acropolis, Portugal
- New Acropolis, Brazil
- List of international web sites
- Fundamentals of the Acropolis Ideal by Jorge Angel Livraga