|District||North 24 Parganas|
|Founded by||Haripada Biswas|
|• Municipality Chairman||Nirmika Bagchi (Trinamool Congress) |
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||91 33|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Dum Dum|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Dum Dum Uttar|
New Barrackpore is 17 km from Sealdah Station on the Sealdah-Bangaon branch line of Eastern Railway. It is part of the Kolkata Suburban Railway system. New Barrackpore is 22 km from Sealdah by road.
As of the 2001[update] Indian census, New Barrackpore had a population of 83,183. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. In New Barrackpore, 7% of the population is under 6 years of age.The literacy rate is 95.19% where the male literacy rate is 97.66% and female literacy rate is 92.72%. The census for the year 2011 is soon to be published.
New Barrackpore have three nos. college which is B.T.College,Acharya Praphulla Chandra College,Acharya Praphulla Chandra College for commerce. Higher Secondary school for boys is New Barrackpore colony Boys High School,Masunda Boys High School,Kodaliya Boys High School,Sahara Boys High School,Satinsen Nagar Boys High School, Higher Secondary school for girls is New Barrackpore colony Girls High School,Masunda Girls High School, Tapati Balika Vidhyabithi,Sahara Girls High School.
Choto Bot Tala Kali Temples is very famous for local people.There are a famous Ma Samsan Kali Temple at Shajirhat.
New Barrack pore population based on refugee from Bangladesh formally East Pakistan from 1950 onward.
- Official District Administration site
- District-wise list of statutory towns
- Eastern Railway time table.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Kolkata/Northern fringes travel guide from Wikivoyage
- New Barrackpore Municipality, website
- New Barrackpore Municipality online