New Bataan, Compostela Valley
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014)|
Map of Compostela Valley with New Bataan highlighted
|Region||Davao (Region XI)|
|District||1st district of Compostela Valley|
|Founded||June 18, 1968|
|• Mayor||Lorenzo L. Balbin Jr.|
|• Total||553.15 km2 (213.57 sq mi)|
|• Density||86/km2 (220/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
New Bataan is a first class municipality at the Compostela Valley province of the Philippines, about 16 kilometres (9.9 mi) from Compostela, 40 kilometres (25 mi) from the provincial capital Nabunturan, and 75 kilometres (47 mi) from Tagum City. The municipality was founded on June 18, 1968, through Republic Act No. 4756. It has a population of 47,470 in the 2010 census.
The town's festivals include Araw Celebration, held every 18 June; Founder's Day, held every 10 August; Sal’lupongan Festival, held every 13 June. Its patron saint is San Antonio de Padua.
New Bataan has a total land area of 55,315 hectares (136,690 acres) and situated north and west of Davao Oriental province; south of Municipality of Compostela and west of Municipality of Maragusan. It is surrounded with mountain ranges, and more than 50% of its territory is forest cover that has been the sources of living for some people living there. The barangays of New Bataan that are mostly covered with forest are Andap, Tandawan, Camanlangan, Manurigao. Manurigao is the most remote among the barangay because of the absence of a better road and transportation.
The municipality is also watered by various rivers. One of which is the Mayo River that flows from the mountain of Andap and empties into the Agusan River. The Batoto river is also one of the biggest, it flows from the eastern part of the area.
- Forest: 33,727.7261 ha (130.223478 sq mi)
- Agro-forest: 2,158.6502 ha (8.334595 sq mi)
- Agricultural: 692.7559 ha (2.674745 sq mi)
- Mining: 6,210.401 ha (23.97849 sq mi)
- Residential: 11.843 ha (0.04573 sq mi)
- Brush land: 2,158.6502 ha (8.334595 sq mi)
- Commercial: 11.5962 ha (0.044773 sq mi)
- Road: 62.06395 ha (0.2396303 sq mi)
- Institutional: 18.91645 ha (0.0730368 sq mi)
- Special use: 3.1605 ha (0.012203 sq mi)
- Industrial: 0.3828 ha (0.001478 sq mi)
- Rivers/canals: 38.3858 ha (0.148208 sq mi)
- Cabinuangan (Pob.)
- San Roque
|Population census of New Bataan|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- Birth rate (crude): 28.82 (2005)
- Death rate (crude): 4.12 (2005)
- Annual local income: P5,761,257.97 (2005)
- Internal revenue allotment: P52,636,316 (2005)
Road network (within the LGU territory):
- National road: 35.75 kilometres (22.21 mi)
- Provincial road: 40.45 kilometres (25.13 mi)
- Municipal road: 102.50 kilometres (63.69 mi)
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Province: COMPOSTELA VALLEY". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- Republic Act No. 4756: AN ACT CREATING THE MUNICIPALITY OF NEW BATAAN IN THE PROVINCE OF DAVAO. 1966.
- "Typhoon death toll climbs to over 200". Inquirer. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
|Nabunturan||Baganga, Davao Oriental|
|Maco||Maragusan||Caraga, Davao Oriental|