New Brighton, Calgary
The Bell Tower overlooking the lake at New Brighton
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Shane Keating|
|Elevation||1,030 m (3,380 ft)|
|Website||New Brighton Community Association|
New Brighton is a master planned residential neighbourhood under development in the south-east of Calgary, Alberta. Located east of 52nd. Street SE and south of 130th. Ave and McIvor Boulevard to the south. The community contains a variety of single family and multi-family homes as well as a private residents association recreation facility called the New Brighton Club with a water park, hockey rink, tennis, banquet facilities and studio space with many programmed activities.
The community was designed by Carma Developers LP. The community maintains active online forums for residents and for neighbourhood program activities i.e. there is an interactive community website.
It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 12 councillor.
Population as of 2011 is 7314 with an increase of 172.9% from 2007 - 2011
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- "2012 Civic Census Results". City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- New Brighton community
- Carma New Brighton. "New Brighton Community Website".
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- Federation of Calgary Communities. "New Brighton Community". Retrieved 2007-05-17.
||Prestwick||Shepard Industrial Area||Shepard|
|McKenzie Towne||Proposed East Freeway
Municipal District of Foothills No. 31
|This Calgary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|