New Buckenham Market Cross Building
New Buckenham shown within Norfolk
|Area||1.73 km2 (0.67 sq mi)|
|- Density||271 /km2 (700 /sq mi)|
|OS grid reference|
|Civil parish||New Buckenham|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Ambulance||East of England|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
New Buckenham is a civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. It covers an area of 1.73 km2 (0.67 sq mi) and had a population of 468 in 197 households at the 2001 census. For the purposes of local government, it falls within the district of Breckland.
New Buckenham's calendar includes a traditional August Bank Holiday Fete.
- The community is believed to be the birthplace of Henry Condell (1576–1627), an actor in the company of William Shakespeare and co-compiler of the First Folio.
- Poet, children's author and hymnwriter Emily Taylor (1795–1872)
- Biblical scholar, writer, and minister Joseph Bryant Rotherham (1828–1910)
- New Buckenham Silver Band was created in 1887 to celebrate Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee and still continues to this day. One of the oldest brass bands in East Anglia, it will be 125 years old in 2012.
- Census population and household counts for unparished urban areas and all parishes. Office for National Statistics & Norfolk County Council (2001). Retrieved 20 June 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to New Buckenham.|
|This Norfolk location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|