New Cambria, Kansas
|New Cambria, Kansas|
Location of New Cambria, Kansas
Detailed map of New Cambria, Kansas
|• Total||0.22 sq mi (0.57 km2)|
|• Land||0.22 sq mi (0.57 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,194 ft (364 m)|
|• Estimate (2012)||127|
|• Density||572.7/sq mi (221.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0476643|
As of the census of 2010, there were 126 people, 56 households, and 37 families residing in the city. The population density was 572.7 inhabitants per square mile (221.1 /km2). There were 70 housing units at an average density of 318.2 per square mile (122.9 /km2). The racial makeup of the city was 96.8% White, 0.8% Native American, and 2.4% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.8% of the population.
There were 56 households of which 21.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 50.0% were married couples living together, 10.7% had a female householder with no husband present, 5.4% had a male householder with no wife present, and 33.9% were non-families. 30.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.25 and the average family size was 2.81.
The median age in the city was 46 years. 17.5% of residents were under the age of 18; 8.8% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 21.4% were from 25 to 44; 33.4% were from 45 to 64; and 19% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 51.6% male and 48.4% female.
As of the census of 2000, there were 150 people, 57 households, and 44 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,463.7 people per square mile (579.2/km²). There were 66 housing units at an average density of 644.0 per square mile (254.8/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 96.67% White, 1.33% African American, and 2.00% from two or more races.
There were 57 households out of which 36.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 59.6% were married couples living together, 12.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 21.1% were non-families. 15.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 1.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.63 and the average family size was 2.89.
In the city the population was spread out with 27.3% under the age of 18, 7.3% from 18 to 24, 33.3% from 25 to 44, 22.7% from 45 to 64, and 9.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 123.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 113.7 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $36,607, and the median income for a family was $40,500. Males had a median income of $30,250 versus $23,125 for females. The per capita income for the city was $15,218. There were 2.0% of families and 5.5% of the population living below the poverty line, including 9.5% of under eighteens and none of those over 64.
Primary and secondary education
- "US Gazetteer files 2010". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Population Estimates". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-05-29.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "2010 City Population and Housing Occupancy Status". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved March 6, 2011.
- Nussle, Jim (2008-11-20). "Micropolitan Statistical Areas". List 1-9. Office of Management and Budget, Executive Office of the President. p. 97. Retrieved 2010-04-02.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- USD 393
- Kansas School District Boundary Map
- Saline County School District Map
- Saline County
- Portrait and Biographical Record of Dickinson, Saline, McPherson, and Marion Counties, Kansas; Chapman Bros; 614 pages; 1893.
- Standard Atlas of Saline County, Kansas; Geo. A. Ogle & Co; 71 pages; 1920.
- Plat Book of Saline County, Kansas; North West Publishing Co; 40 pages; 1903.
- Edwards' Atlas of Saline County, Kansas; John P. Edwards; 42 pages; 1884.
- History of the State of Kansas; William G. Cutler; A.T. Andreas Publisher; 1883. (Online HTML eBook)
- Kansas : A Cyclopedia of State History, Embracing Events, Institutions, Industries, Counties, Cities, Towns, Prominent Persons, Etc; 3 Volumes; Frank W. Blackmar; Standard Publishing Co; 944 / 955 / 824 pages; 1912. (Volume1 - Download 54MB PDF eBook), (Volume2 - Download 53MB PDF eBook), (Volume3 - Download 33MB PDF eBook)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to New Cambria, Kansas.|
- USD 393, local school district