New Democratic Youth of Canada
|Purpose||Advocating for youth in the New Democratic Party|
|English and French|
|Affiliations||International Union of Socialist Youth|
The New Democratic Youth of Canada (French: Jeunes néo-démocrates du Canada) is the youth wing of the New Democratic Party of Canada. Any party member, aged 25 or under is automatically a member of the NDYC and is eligible to attend and vote in the youth wing's convention.
Traditionally, members of the NDYC have tended to be more ideologically driven than the rest of the party. Since Jack Layton took over the helm of the party in 2003, the youth base has grown and now incorporates a wider base of progressive youth.
- "Constitution of the New Democratic Youth of Canada". New Democratic Youth of Canada. 2006. Retrieved May 24, 2010.
- "Member Organizations". International Union of Socialist Youth. Retrieved August 19, 2010.
- Constitution of the New Democratic Party of Canada, New Democratic Party, 2009, p. 11.
- Constitution of the New Democratic Party of Canada, New Democratic Party, 2009, pp. 5, 9.
- British Columbia Young New Democrats
- New Democratic Youth of Alberta
- Manitoba Young New Democrats
- Ontario New Democratic Youth
- New Brunswick Young New Democrats
- Jeunes néo-démocrates du Québec