New England College of Business and Finance
|New England College of Business|
|Motto in English||"Integrity. Knowledge. Leadership"|
|Location||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Former names||New England College of Finance
American Banking Institute /New England College of Business and Finance
New England College of Business (or NECB) is a private, for-profit online college located in Boston, Massachusetts. Founded in 1909, NECB grants associate’s, undergraduate and graduate degrees in Business, Digital Marketing and International Business. All courses are delivered via a distance learning platform. The school is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
NECB named as one of the most affordable private colleges in New England by the U.S. Department of Education’s College Affordability and Transparency Center, 2011-2014.
New England College of Business (NECB) is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education. NECB is also licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education.
Benefits for veterans
All military members, their dependents and honorably discharged veterans are eligible for a tuition discount.
History: 1909 - 2014
NECB was originally founded as the American Banking Institute (ABI) in 1909, the institute was later incorporated by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in 1914.
ABI received their degree-granting authority in 1979 from the Board of Regents of Higher Education in Massachusetts to offer an associate’s degree in business administration. In 1985, ABI received full college accreditation from the New England Association of Schools and College – the only bank sponsored educational institution in America to become accredited as a degree granting college. In 1988, the member banks associated with ABI expanded throughout New England and later voted to change the name to the New England Banking Institute.
Following the adoption of the name The New England Banking Institute (NEBI), NEBI received official licensure from the state of Connecticut Department of Higher Education in 1990. Connecticut was the first state outside of Massachusetts to recognize Boston-based NEBI as a degree granting college. Rhode Island approved NEBI in 1993, while New Hampshire recognized the college in 1997. In 1998, The New England Banking Institute changed names to New England College of Finance.
In 2002, NECF selected the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation as a partner to deliver their degree programs online. The first online degree programs were delivered through NECFOnline.
In 2004, UC Berkeley adopted NECF’s finance curriculum to include in their post-baccalaureate level online certificate program for college graduates in banking and investment management sectors. The “Accelerated Program in Financial Services” was launched in April 2004. UC Berkeley credits were transferred into master’s programs at prominent NECF partner colleges.
In 2008, NECF changed its name to New England College of Business and was also granted degree elevation authority. In 2009, NECB introduced its Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA), a Master of Science in Finance (MSF), and the nation’s first Master of Science in Business Ethics and Compliance (MBEC).
In 2010, NECB began working with Banker's Academy to develop enhanced educational opportunities and degree completion options to students. Courses taken through Banker’s Academy may transfer as credit to one of NECB’s online degree programs, including: Bachelor’s degrees focused in marketing, management, business administration, banking, finance or accounting.
- Associate’s in Science Degree in Business: Designed to fulfill prerequisites for a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree.
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Business: Focusing on critical thinking and communication skills.
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in Digital Marketing
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in International Business
Bachelors of Science in Digital Marketing
NECB began offering a Bachelors of Science in Digital Marketing in 2012. This program provides students with a uniquely designed curriculum that combines business theories with digital marketing strategies to empower students with the expertise, skills and capabilities to succeed as digital marketing professionals. NECB students learn web analytics, mobile, content/context, social media, email, online automated tools, search engine optimization, digital advertising, viral marketing, and more. The program is chaired by Dr. Janine Jacques.
The school offers five Master’s degree programs, and accepts admission applications throughout the year. All coursework is delivered via an instructional model that integrates video lectures, audio feedback and peer interaction. Students have access to professors and practitioners, as well as library resources. The NECB technology platform allows students to work on or offline with access to all course materials.
- Master of Science in Finance (MSF): covers an in-depth examination of the financial industry including an overview of regulatory issues and the challenges and changes of the industry. Each course is designed to provide students with specific topics in finance and the opportunity to investigate fields of interest.
- Master of Science in Business Ethics and Compliance (MBE): The program is the first Masters in Compliance of its kind in the nation and focuses on teaching students development and implementation of policies and procedures, theories of business ethics and financial services.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): The program is designed to produce graduates that are "strategic thinkers and decision makers." NECB offers MBA concentrations in several disciplines, including marketing, internet marketing, international economics, and entrepreneurship.
- Master in Healthcare Management] (MHM): The program is designed for individuals who are interested in advancing to healthcare management positions in critical business disciplines such as human resources, finance, accounting, marketing, information systems or strategy.
- Master of Human Resource Management (MHRM): The Master of Human Resource Management program is designed for business professionals with at least four years of professional work experience and an earned bachelor's degree. The program will appeal to those who want to shift their career path into human resources as well as those who are currently employed in the HRM field and require advanced skills to move into higher level management positions. It is also suitable for those seeking to become HRM consultants and/or HRM educators.
New England College of Business (NECB) professional certificate programs offer:
- Undergraduate Certificates (Accounting and Digital Marketing)
- Graduate Certificate (Forensic Accounting)