New Forest East (UK Parliament constituency)
|New Forest East|
|for the House of Commons|
Boundary of New Forest East in Hampshire.
Location of Hampshire within England.
|Electorate||73,542 (December 2010)|
|Member of Parliament||Julian Lewis (Conservative)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||Romsey and Waterside, New Forest|
|European Parliament constituency||South East England|
The constituency covers the eastern half of the New Forest in Hampshire, including the central forest villages of Lyndhurst, Brockenhurst and Beaulieu, as well as the waterside settlements (Totton, Marchwood, Hythe and Fawley).
For all areas the relevant local authority has a higher than average proportion of retired people, and a lower than national average extent of social housing and rented housing. Housing types include far above average detached and semi-detached properties. The prime yacht manufacture and repair centre of Lymington plus coast and forest are contained in this area.
Latest boundary review
Parliament accepted the Boundary Commission's Fifth Periodic Review of Westminster constituencies which slightly altered this constituency for general election 2010 since which it has electoral wards:
- Ashurst, Copythorne South and Netley Marsh, Boldre and Sway, Bramshaw, Copythorne North and Minstead, Brockenhurst and Forest South East, Butts Ash and Dibden Purlieu, Dibden and Hythe East, Fawley, Blackfield and Langley, Furzedown and Hardley, Holbury and North Blackfield, Hythe West and Langdown, Lyndhurst, Marchwood, Totton Central, Totton East, Totton North, Totton South, Totton West in the New Forest District.
Members of Parliament
Elections in the 2010s
|General Election 2015: New Forest East|
|Liberal Democrat||Bruce Tennent|
|General Election 2010: New Forest East|
|Liberal Democrat||Terry Scriven||15,136||30.3||-3.0|
Elections in the 2000s
|General Election 2005: New Forest East|
|Liberal Democrat||Brian Dash||15,424||34.1||+0.7|
|General Election 2001: New Forest East|
|Liberal Democrat||Brian Dash||14,073||33.4||+1.1|
Elections in the 1990s
|General Election 1997: New Forest East|
|Liberal Democrat||George Dawson||15,838||32.3|
Notes and references
- "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- 2011 census interactive maps
- 2010 post-revision map non-metropolitan areas and unitary authorities of England
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "N" (part 1)[self-published source][better source needed]
- "Sally May PPC page". Green Party of England and Wales. Retrieved 31 January 2015.
- "11559982.Former_policeman_bidding_to_become_UKIP_MP_in_Hampshire". Retrieved 31 January 2015.
- UKPollingReport, New Forest East
- Election result, 2005 (BBC)
- Election results, 1997 - 2001 (BBC)
- Election results, 1997 - 2001 (Election Demon)
- Election results, 1997 - 2005 (Guardian)