New Garden Township, Wayne County, Indiana
|New Garden Township|
Location in Wayne County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||23.4 sq mi (61 km2)|
|• Land||23.39 sq mi (60.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.05 km2) 0.09%|
|Elevation||1,115 ft (340 m)|
|• Density||84.5/sq mi (32.6/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453664|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 23.4 square miles (61 km2), of which 23.39 square miles (60.6 km2) (or 99.96%) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.052 km2) (or 0.09%) is water. The streams of Berg Brook, Fellow Brook, Fountain Creek, Garden Run, Gray Brook, Grove Creek, Knoll Run, Line Brook, Odd Run, Pole Creek, Quack Creek, Reel Run, Silver Brook, Slow Run, Willow Run, Woods Branch and Youngs Brook run through this township.
Cities and towns
- Greensfork Township, Randolph County (northeast)
- Franklin Township (east)
- Wayne Township (south)
- Webster Township (southwest)
- Green Township (west)
- Washington Township, Randolph County (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries: Independent Order of Odd Fellows and Willow Grove.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Young, Andrew White (1872). History of Wayne County, Indiana, from Its First Settlement to the Present Time. R. Clarke & Company. p. 289.
- History of Wayne County, Indiana: Together with Sketches of Its Cities, Villages and Towns, Volume 2. Inter-State Publishing Company. 1884. p. 627.
- Fox, Henry Clay (1912). Memoirs of Wayne County and the City of Richmond, Indiana: From the Earliest Historical Times Down to the Present. Western Historical Association. p. 86.