|Neighbourhood in Garia, Kolkata (Calcutta)|
Kavi Subhash(New Garia) Metro Railway Station
|Metro Railway Station||Kavi Subhash|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Area code(s)||+91 33|
New Garia (Bengali:নিউ গড়িয়া) is a neighbourhood located in Garia, Kolkata, India. It is bounded by Eastern Metropolitan Bypass to the north, Patuli to the west, Garia Railway Station to the south and Chakgaria to the east.
New Garia is home to two major bus termini (popularly named as C-5 and 206 after the routes they originally used to serve) and is connected by all varieties of bus services to all parts of the city.
CTC Bus route -
- C5 Garia Station - Howrah via New Garia, Peerless Hospital, Ajoynagar, Santoshpur, Jadavpur, Dhakuria, Golpark, Rashbehari, Hazra, Rabindra Sadan, Park Stret, Barabazar
Private Bus routes
- 1B Ramnagar - Nayabad via Brace Bridge, Taratala, New Alpore, Tollygunge Phari, Rashbeheri, Deshapriya Park, Southern Avenue, Golpark, Dhakuria, Jadavpur, Santoshpur, Ajoynagar, Peerless Hospital, New Garia 206 Bus Stand , Garia Station, Sreenagar Main Road
- 45 (White Bus) Kadamtala - Garia Station via Icchapore, Dumurjala, Carry Road, Mandirtala, Vidyasagar Setu, Rabindra Sadan, Minto Park, Park Circus, Gariahat, Dhakuria, Jadavpur, Santoshpur, Ajoynagar, Peerless Hospital, Panchasayar, New Garia 206 Bus Stand
- 206 New Garia Station - Salt Lake AJ Block via Peerless Hospital, Ajoynagar, Santoshpur, Jadavpur, Dhakuria, Gariahat, Ballygunge Phari, Minto Ppark, Rabindra Sadan, Park Street, Esplanade, Moulali/Dalhousie, Sealdah, Maniktala, Khanna, Ultadanga, CA Market, City Centre, Purta Bhaban, Swimming Pool, Baisakhi
- Durganagar - Nayabad via Birati, Airport, Baguihati, Ultadanga, E.M. Byepass, Chingrighata, Science City, Ruby Hospital, Kalikapur, Mukundapur, Ajoynagar, Peerless Hospital, New Garia, Garia Station, Sreenagar Main Road
- New Garia Station - Kolkata Station via Shyambazar, Khanna, Ultadanga, City Centre, Bikash Bhawan, Purta Bhawan, Karunamayee, College More, SDF, Nicco Park, Chingrighata, Science City, Ruby Hospital, Kalikapur, Mukundapur, Ajoynagar, Peerless Hospital, Panchasayar
Mini Bus routes
- 116 Garia Station - Howrah via New Garia Station, Peerless Hospital, Mukundapur, Kalikapur, Safuipara, Jadavpur P.S., South City, Lake Gardens, Deshapriya Park, Rashbehari, Hazra, Rabindra Sadan, Park Street
- 124 Garia Station - Howrah via New Garia Station, Peerless Hospital, Mukundapur, Kalikapur, Safuipara, Jadavpur P.S., Gariahat, Deshapriya Park, Lansdowne, Minto Park, Rabindra Sadan, Park Street
Major roads of New Garia
- Eastern Metropolitan Bypass (gateway to Salt Lake City)
- Panchasayar Main Road
- Garia Station Road (gateway to Garia Railway Station)
- Srinagar Main Road
Places of interest
- Hiland Park is the second tallest tower in Kolkata (after South City) and is located in Chak Garia on the E. M. Bypass.
- Metropolis Mall with Fame, Big Bazaar, Food Court, Bar Lounge located near Hiland Park is a shopper's paradise and food-lover's delight.
- Kolkata Metro Railway Routes (North South Corridor)
- Kolkata Suburban Railway
- Eastern Metropolitan Bypass
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Garia.|