New Haven Township, Shiawassee County, Michigan
|New Haven Township, Michigan|
Location of New Haven Township, Michigan
|• Total||35.7 sq mi (92.5 km2)|
|• Land||35.7 sq mi (92.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||738 ft (225 m)|
|• Density||36.2/sq mi (14.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1626802|
- Easton is an unincorporated community in the township at Easton and Cram roads. .
- Five Points North is an unincorporated community in this township and Rush Township on North M-52 at Riley and Seymour roads. .
- New Haven is an unincorporated community in this township at North Seymour and East 6 Mile Creek roads. The state map places it at North M-52 and East Henderson Road.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 35.7 square miles (92.5 km²), of which 35.7 square miles (92.4 km²) is land and 0.04 square mile (0.1 km²) (0.08%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,293 people, 484 households, and 387 families residing in the township. The population density was 36.2 per square mile (14.0/km²). There were 507 housing units at an average density of 14.2 per square mile (5.5/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 97.99% White, 0.08% Native American, 0.54% from other races, and 1.39% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.31% of the population.
There were 484 households out of which 34.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 72.1% were married couples living together, 5.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 20.0% were non-families. 16.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.67 and the average family size was 3.01.
In the township the population was spread out with 24.6% under the age of 18, 6.9% from 18 to 24, 28.9% from 25 to 44, 26.5% from 45 to 64, and 13.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females there were 102.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 104.8 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $46,420, and the median income for a family was $55,625. Males had a median income of $37,135 versus $23,816 for females. The per capita income for the township was $21,757. About 0.8% of families and 2.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 4.9% of those under age 18 and 4.1% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: New Haven Township, Shiawassee County, Michigan
- SHIAWASSEE County Map. J. Shively. State of Michigan Department of Information Technology Technology Center for Geographic Information. September 2007.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Easton, Michigan
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Five Points North, Michigan
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: New Haven