|Origin||New Albany, Ohio, United States|
|Labels||614 Music / Black Magnetic / Epic|
Taylor 814ce Acoustic
Fender Jazz Bass
Fender Precision Bass
New Hollow was founded by three students at New Albany High School (Ohio), who initially began playing together while still elementary school students under the name Monkee Hollow. The single, entitled "SiCK", was released November 1, 2010, and reached the Billboard Hot 100, where it peaked at number 86. The single sold over 28,000 physical copies in its first week, en route to selling 140,000 units by early 2011. The group signed an agreement with Justice, a girls' clothing store, to market their debut single, with that deal ending in April 2013.
In November 2010, the band also performed The Star-Spangled Banner at the nationally televised Thanksgiving Day football game between the New Orleans Saints and the Dallas Cowboys on Fox TV. In January 2011, the band played at events for then-governor-elect of Ohio, John Kasich to become the first rock band in history to perform inside the Ohio Statehouse.
On Jan. 23, 2011, the band released their second single "Boyfriend" and it entered the Billboard Hot 100 chart on Feb. 3, 2011, where it peaked at number 96.
On May 27, 2011, the band released their third single, a rock cover of the B.o.B/Hayley Williams song, "Airplanes", and it entered the Billboard Hot Singles Sales Chart at No. 1 in the June 18, 2011 edition. The song has charted at number 12 on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 chart.
Their first three singles all climbed to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Sales Chart. The first time ever for an unsigned band with no radio play.
In December 2011. New Hollow's single "Boyfriend" topped Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" as the No. 1 single of 2011 on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Sales Chart. Their singles, "SiCK" and "Airplanes", finished the year at No. 3 and No. 4, giving New Hollow three of the top four spots on the 2011 Billboard Hot 100 Single Sales Chart 
On December 13, 2012, New Hollow's cover over "Airplanes" reappeared in the Billboard Hot Single Sales Chart at number 12 and the following week, "SiCK" & "Boyfriend" also re-entered the chart.
On July 3, 2013, the band's fourth single, an original titled, "She Ain't You" began getting airplay on SiriusXM radio.
In December 2013, "She Ain't You" was voted the "Breakthrough Song Of 2013" by The Pulse (Sirius XM), beating out "Let Her Go" by Passenger (singer), "Best Day of My Life" by American Authors and "Say Something" by A Great Big World.
- Mookie Clouse - guitar, drums, lead vocals
- Evan West - guitar, bass, keyboards, lead vocals
- Chad Blashford - drums, rap
|2013||"She Ain't You"||—||31 |
- Knuckles, Brett. New Hollow rockers roll out debut single. Columbus Local News, November 2, 2010. (Google News result)
- Chart Moves. Billboard.com.
- New Hollow Band to Perform at New Albany Classic. This Week News, September 21, 2011.
- "New Hollow performs the National Anthem prior to the Cowboys Saints game (photo)". Upi.com. 2010-11-25. Retrieved 2011-11-04.
- New Albany Band to Play at Inauguration Event. This Week News, January 5, 2011.
- "Billboard.BIZ". Billboard.BIZ. Retrieved 2011-11-04.
- "Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2011-11-04.
- "Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Week of July 09, 2011)". Scribd.com. 2011-07-09. Retrieved 2011-11-04.
- http://timeforkids.com/news/ready-rock/15656. Time for Kids.