New Kind of Feeling
|New Kind of Feeling|
|Studio album by Anne Murray|
|Recorded||Eastern Sound, Toronto|
|Producer||Jim Ed Norman|
|Anne Murray chronology|
New Kind of Feeling is the RIAA Platinum-certified 13th studio album by Canadian Country singer Anne Murray, issued in January 1979 on Capitol Records. The recording continued her chart success from the previous year's Let's Keep it That Way, hitting #2 and #23 on the U.S. Country and Pop album charts, respectively.
In her native Canada, New Kind of Feeling hit #1 on the Country album charts, and number 6 on the Pop album charts. In the United States, both of the album's singles, "Shadows in the Moonlight" and "I Just Fall in Love Again", topped the Country and Adult Contemporary charts. Both tracks were big Pop hits as well, with "Shadows in the Moonlight" reaching number 25, and "I Just Fall In Love Again" reaching number 12 on the Billboard Hot 100. It stands as one of Anne's biggest career albums.
- "Shadows in the Moonlight" (Charlie Black, Rory Michael Bourke)
- "You've Got What it Takes" (Berry Gordy, Gwen Gordy Fuqua, Tyran Carlo)
- "I Just Fall in Love Again" (Steve Dorff, Larry Herbstritt, Gloria Sklerov, Harry Lloyd)
- "Take This Heart" (Robin Battreau)
- "Yucatan Cafe" (Adam Mitchell)
- "You Needed Me" (Randy Goodrum)*
- "For No Reason at All" (Barry Mann)
- "Raining in My Heart" (Felice and Boudleaux Bryant)
- "That's Why I Love You" (Andrew Gold, Gene Garfin)
- "(He Can't Help It If) He's Not You" (Steve Gillette)
- "Heaven is Here" (Gene McLellan)
- "You Needed Me" was on the UK album version of New Kind Of Feeling (E-ST 11849) and also on her previous album Let's Keep It That Way.
- Keyboards - Pat Riccio, Jr., Brian Gatto
- Drums & Percussion - Jorn Anderson
- Bass - Peter Cardinali
- Guitars - Aidan Mason, Brian Russell, Bob Man
- Steel Guitar & Dobro - Bob Lucier
- Strings & Horns arranged by Rick Wilkins & Peter Cardinali
 From physical copy of album issued in the UK.
|This 1970s country music album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|