New Life Christian Center
|Newlife Christian Center|
|Location||2 Don Manolo Boulevard, Alabang Hills Village, Alabang, Muntinlupa City|
|Pastor(s)||Paul Chase and Shoddy Chase (Senior Pastors)|
New Life Christian Center (NLCC, known as New Life) is a church in the Philippines. Its headquarters is based in Alabang, Muntinlupa City, Metro Manila, Philippines. It has one main center in Alabang, and smaller branches in La Trinidad, Benguet, Baguio City, Tondo, Manila, Caloocan City, Fort Bonifacio, Santa Rosa City, Laguna, Bacoor, Cavite, Tanza, Cavite, San Pablo, Laguna, Calapan, Oriental Mindoro, Cadiz, Negros Occidental, Dumaguete City, Cebu, Samar, Leyte, Iligan City and other parts of the Philippines.
New Life Christian Center, Alabang began as a small bible study group in September 1990 by Ptr. Paul Chase and his wife, Shoddy are missionaries from the U.S. since they moved to Manila.. The first church service started eight months later, on May 5, 1991. The church attracted visitors caused the membership of the church to increase throughout the years. In 2011, the Alabang New Life celebrated their 20th year anniversary of their church. Under the umbrella of New Life Christian Center, Alabang there are 33 Satellite Churches including Nepal and Kalibo as adopted churches.
Ptr. Paul sums up the vision and mission of the church with the following statement:
The Church is not just an organized group of people thinking and planning. It is a body that is connected to the Head, which is Jesus. His thoughts become our thoughts. His ways become our ways. His passion becomes our passion. His values become our values. And from the Head, God’s purposes flow into the body (the Church) and we demonstrate and reflect Him out into the world. This is the heart of New Life . . .
The church lists its beliefs in its official statement of faith. Below is the full text of the statement.
- We believe the entire Bible to be the inspired, infallible Word of God, the revelation of God’s will for man and the divine and final authority for the Christian life. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- We believe in one God, the Creator of all things, who is revealed in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4; John 15:26)
- We acknowledge Jesus Christ as true God and true man – conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, crucified, and resurrected – our High Priest and Advocate now seated at the right hand of God the Father. (Matthew 1:18; Hebrews 12:2)
- We believe in personal salvation and forgiveness of sins through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, acknowledging every person’s need for the grace and mercy of God. (Romans 3:23-24; Ephesians 1:7; 1 Peter 1:3; 1 John 1:9)
- We believe in the eventual resurrection of the dead, the eternal happiness of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the lost. (John 14:1-3; 1 John 5:11; Revelation 20:15)
- We baptize in water all those who have placed their faith in Jesus Christ and who desire to publicly identify with Him, in accordance with the Bible’s command. (Matthew 28:19; Acts 8:36-39; Romans 6:4)
- We believe in the present supernatural ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose purpose is to glorify Jesus Christ and instruct and empower every believer for godly living and service. (John 16:13-14; 1 Corinthians 12:1-11)
- We believe that the baptism of the Holy Spirit is a promise from the Father for every believer and is distinct and subsequent to the experience of the new birth. Speaking in tongues, as the Holy Spirit gives utterance, is a physical indication of the baptism of the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 3:11; Acts 2:4 & 38-39; 19:4-6)
- We serve the Lord’s Supper and according to Scripture, remember Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross and celebrate His resurrection power. (Luke 22:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
- We believe in the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and that His appearance will be accompanied by a bodily resurrection of those who have died in Christ. (Matthew 24:29-31; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
- We believe that Jesus is the Healer. (Isaiah 53:5; Matthew 8:16-17; James 5:14-15; 1 Peter 2:24)
- We believe in the power and effectiveness of prayer. (Philippians 4:6-7; James 5:15-16)
NLCC - Alabang: Located at 2 Don Manolo Boulevard, near San Beda College - Alabang at Alabang Hills Village, it has a current population of over 5,000 worshipers.
- Firm Foundation (a Bible seminar held regularly for new believers)
- Children's Ministries: Early Childhood (children; 0–5 years old) & Kids' Church (children; 6–9 years old)
- Crossover Ministry Generation Uprising (youth: 10–15 years old) & Extreme Encounter (youth: High School), Revealed Unlimited (College and Young Professionals)
- Jubilant Believers (seniors; aged 60 and above)
- Women of the Nations
- Victorious Women
- Digital Media Ministry
- Music/Worship Ministry
- Pastoral and Care Group Ministry
- Market Workplace Ministry
- New Life Missions and Satellite Churches
- New Life School of Ministry
- Living Word Training Center
- Prison Ministry
- Muntinlupa Social Development Center
- Metro Ministry (Sidewalk Sunday School)
- Marriage and Parenting Ministry
The church is holding two events annually, Life Conference every summer (April or May) which started last 2008 and Pastors' Conference during October. The Life Conference is an annual congregation of youth from satellite churches all over the Philippines, together with youth from Faith Tabernacle churches in Mindanao. Youth delegates from overseas churches like Myanmar and the United States also join the annual congregation. The Pastors' Conference, on the other hand, targets pastors from satellite churches and equips them with sound doctrine. Guest speakers like pastors and preachers from other countries join both events.
There is also a presentation held relating to the Christian holidays such as Easter and Christmas. Attendance is usually the highest during these presentations as church members are encouraged to bring in visitors.
The church broadcasts its preaching services through its flagship television program, This New Life. This New Life aired originally on DZOE-TV which aired every Sunday mornings. The gospel show was transferred to IBC-13 in 2005 which airs every Sunday mornings (originally aired on midnight of Wednesdays), and also aired and launched in February 2009 on TV5 (formerly ABC-5), the show was discontinued due to reformatting again of TV5 and it was moved back to its current broadcast airs every Saturday afternoon on Channel 13.
Broadcasts of Sunday services are available through YouTube via their account http://www.youtube.com/user/nwlifemedia. The church also maintains accounts in social networking sites such as Facebook.
- New Life Christian Center Official Website
- Alabang New Life Christian Center Old Website
- New Life The Fort Official Website