|Origin||Orono, Minnesota, US|
|Labels||Imagen Records Photo Finish Records|
|Associated acts||A Verse Unsung|
|Past members||Matt Brady
New Medicine (formerly A Verse Unsung) is an American rock band from Minneapolis, Minnesota, formed in 2009. They signed to Photo Finish Records after forming the new band. Their debut album, Race You to the Bottom, was released September 18, 2010. The band has toured with major recording artists such as Avenged Sevenfold, Halestorm, Hollywood Undead, and Stone Sour. Their songs "Race You to the Bottom," "Laid," and "Rich Kids" have all been added into rotation on Sirius XM Radio's Octane Channel. "Laid" hit number 32 on the Mainstream Rock chart in Spring 2011, "Race You to the Bottom" hit number 19 on the Mainstream Rock chart in Spring 2012, and "Rich Kids" hit number 31 on the Mainstream Rock chart in Fall 2012, respectively. Currently signed to Imagen Records.
|Year||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|2010||Race You to the Bottom
The band consists of three members, Dan Garland (lead guitar), Ryan Guanzon (drums), and Jake Scherer (lead vocals/rhythm guitar). In January 2013, Matt Brady announced he was leaving the band to spend more time with Joy2theWorld, which helps women and children in Ghana, west Africa. Later the same year, Ryan Guanzon left the band to produce music. Dylan Wood (ex-Emphatic (band)) took the drums duties since then. The band stated on their Facebook page that they have begun work on a new album as of November 28, 2013 and said that it should be released in spring 2014.
- Burn Halo w/ Track Fighter and New Medicine. (Late Summer to Early Autumn 2009)
- The Used/Chiodos & New Medicine Tour. (April 17, 2010)
- Halestorm w/ Adelitas Way & Since October. (July 2010)
- Uproar Festival w/ Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, & Stone Sour. (August 17 - October 4, 2010)
- Rise From Ashes Tour w/ D.R.U.G.S. & Eyes Set to Kill. (December 4–19, 2010)
- Nightmare After Christmas Tour w/ Avenged Sevenfold, Stone Sour, & Hollywood Undead. (January 20-February 13, 2011)
- Revolt Tour with Hollywood Undead, Drive A, and 10 Years (April 6, 2011 - May 27, 2011).
- Opened for the Shinedown Concert at the Ogden Theater, Denver CO April 2, 2012. Performed before Adelitas Way
- Played Jager stage at Carolina Rebellion on May 5, 2012.
- Played Jeremiah Weed Stage at Rockfest in Kansas City, MO May 12, 2012.
- Played FYE stage at Rock on the Range in Columbus, OH May 19, 2012
- Played Intersection in Grand Rapids, MI to finish tour with Halestorm on July 21, 2012
- Played the Carnival of Madness Tour with Cavo, Halestorm, Chevelle and Evanescence.
- Played Wicked Moose, Rochester, MN with Buckcherry March 15, 2013
- Played Medina Entertainment Center, Medina, MN with Buckcherry March 16, 2013
- Played Herkirmer Block/Patio Party, Minneapolis, MN (1st show with new Bass player and Drummer)June 8, 2013
- Played Medina Entertainment Center (Outdoors), Medina, MN with Hairball June 15, 2013
- "The Used/Chiodos Tour". idiomag. Retrieved 2010-03-11.
- "Uproar Tour Dates With Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Stone Sour".
- http://omnes.tv/unsigned/episode76/ Interview with Jake Scherer who talks about recording new album and touring.
- Official website